• The KillerFrogs

Patterson's Instagram Update

Eight

Wasn’t it just couple of years ago people were in awe of GP‘s in game analysis at the CFP?

that was the 2018 game between ou and uga after the 2017 season, gary was calling out ou's plays before the snap which amazed everyone

one small footnote, that was the year tcu played ou at norman in november and then again roughly 4 weeks later in the conference title game which meant he had spent a great deal of time watching ou going into that game

also remember that in the first game in norman ou had the ball 7 times in the first half, ran 37 plays, gained over 400 yards, and gave up 38 points in one of THE worst halves a gary patterson defense ever played

the stats were better in the rematch, but ou still dropped 41 on the frogs and the next year in the same role for the cfp game gary went from calling things out before the snap to guessing a great deal because he just hadn't seen the team that much

one of gary's gifts is breaking a team down on film which he showed in 2017

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
that was the 2018 game between ou and uga after the 2017 season, gary was calling out ou's plays before the snap which amazed everyone

one small footnote, that was the year tcu played ou at norman in november and then again roughly 4 weeks later in the conference title game which meant he had spent a great deal of time watching ou going into that game

also remember that in the first game in norman ou had the ball 7 times in the first half, ran 37 plays, gained over 400 yards, and gave up 38 points in one of THE worst halves a gary patterson defense ever played

the stats were better in the rematch, but ou still dropped 41 on the frogs and the next year in the same role for the cfp game gary went from calling things out before the snap to guessing a great deal because he just hadn't seen the team that much

one of gary's gifts is breaking a team down on film which he showed in 2017
As I recall he did it more than once at the CFP, didn‘t he?

Also, OU also had the same extra time with better talent.

Frozen Frog

I’m guessing some UT booster wanted him gone. He is probably done coaching. I believe there will always be a place for him at TCU. I would love nothing more than a show where coaches just sit and breakdown a game film.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

I imagine he was shocked as to how crazy the whole UT situation is. I also imagine Sark didn't want him around at all, as he was always the Guy Most Likely To Take The Throne as soon as Sark felt the dagger between his ribs.

I hope GP just walks away for a while. Takes Kelsey and heads off to the Caribbean with some dive gear and a Centurion card, and doesn't come back for a year or so. If he wants to catch up, there's a TV at the Sunset Bar on St. Maarten...

Virginia Frog

I imagine he was shocked as to how crazy the whole UT situation is. I also imagine Sark didn't want him around at all, as he was always the Guy Most Likely To Take The Throne as soon as Sark felt the dagger between his ribs.

I hope GP just walks away for a while. Takes Kelsey and heads off to the Caribbean with some dive gear and a Centurion card, and doesn't come back for a year or so. If he wants to catch up, there's a TV at the Sunset Bar on St. Maarten...
This is what he should've done on Jan 1, 2022.

1) He wasted a year.
2) His UT action threw cold water onto the Frog Nation by affiliating with the OrangeDelContes. What? for a measly $150K before taxes. Bad play Coach and a big disappointment to us fans.
3) Here's to GP's 200th Win!
4) Maybe we'll run into him on a cruise (or in a safari lodge in Africa.)

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
This is what he should've done on Jan 1, 2022.

1) He wasted a year.
2) His UT action threw cold water onto the Frog Nation by affiliating with the OrangeDelContes. What? for a measly $150K before taxes. Bad play Coach and a big disappointment to us fans.
3) Maybe we'll run into him on a cruise!
Agreed on all points, save one: I will hardly admit to being even a distant acquaintance of GP, but I know enough of him to know that he would likely jump off a cruise ship in mid-ocean just to get away from the people on board.

Virginia Frog

Agreed on all points, save one: I will hardly admit to being even a distant acquaintance of GP, but I know enough of him to know that he would likely jump off a cruise ship in mid-ocean just to get away from the people on board.
A high-end cruise, not the major lines. Rich people, fab food, solid entertainment, fun/interesting destinations/ports.

Or, a river cruise on the Rhine, Danube, Rhone or Nile...live the life!

Kelsey would enjoy the Galapagos. Nothing like seeing your lady happy.

Froggy Style

I’m guessing some UT booster wanted him gone. He is probably done coaching. I believe there will always be a place for him at TCU. I would love nothing more than a show where coaches just sit and breakdown a game film.
Doubt it, I suspect he’d rather spend his millions. Gary doesn’t need 100k per year at UT. He was hoping to leverage the role to get a 5mil per year job. Was worth the risk.

TCU with CSD showed the game had passed him by. Unfortunate timing for him, but was the reason we let him go.

Froggy Style

I'm hopeful for Coach. That he will get another opportunity and affirm his legacy.

I just wish he hadn't "got wit" those Austinites. Water over the dam.
May have been his best option for getting another big gig. Didn’t work out…but the guy likely has 40-60 million plus. No tears from me.