• The KillerFrogs

Men's Basketball up to 11

Virginia Frog

Sorry if this has been posted, but I didn't see it. Anyway, up to 11 in both polls.

Curious thing:

Kansas goes DOWN 7 spots,
TCU goes UP 3 spots.

Defies the rules of physics: for each action there is a equal reaction.

Shouldn't the Boyz be somewhere near 6-7-8?

Yes, I remember now, there's NO BIAS against the "small schools."

Delray Frog

Really great to see our basketball program enjoying some success! It is clear that we can more than hold our own in what is unquestionably the toughest basketball conference in the country. Seems like just last week there were those who were already saying we should move on to baseball season. (You know who you are) I love baseball, too and I can't wait to see them do their thing in the spring, but we should really give full support to this team. It's amazing to me how so many begin to bail anytime they witness a team go through some adversity. They have the potential to make a magical run just like we witnessed with the football team in the fall. Let's be thankful that Coach Dixon and his staff have assembled a talented group of players who seem to not only like each other, but also seem to enjoy representing TCU. That hasn't been done too often over the history of TCU basketball. GO FROGS!

I think good goals for this team are to win the conference title and get a #3 seeding or better in The Big Dance. If they don’t win the conference title, a 3 or 2 seeding is there for the taking which is a bit better than a 4 seed to steer clear of playing a #1 seed until an Elite 8 matchup.

Last edited:
Purdue at #1 is the only Big Ten team in the Top 25. B1G is a good basketball conference so a down year for them at this point. SEC and ACC with 3 each and the PAC with 2. Big XII with 6.

That is only 15 from the P5 football conferences and 10 others in the Top 25. The Big East has 4 of those other 10. It is much easier to compete as a smaller school in buckets versus football.

Top 25
6 - Big XII
4 - Big East
3 - ACC
3 - SEC
2 - West Coast
2 - PAC 12
1 - American, Big Ten, Colonial, USA, MWC

Last edited: