• The KillerFrogs

The [ Finebaum ] Known as SoFi Stadium

Frog-in-law1995

Aside from the slipping (and I was one of the idiots wearing smooth-soled boots) I liked the place…with the notable exception of the parking. Our section of the orange lot literally had no exit for 20 minutes. After the third time talking to the same parking attendant at the location we entered, we finally convinced her that the other side of the lot was NOT open as she insisted, and she finally moved some cones to allow us out. They had no one at all out there telling cars where to go. It was a complete [ Finebaum ] show. Luck pedestrians weren’t hit.

Mean Purple

I 100% agree. I slipped on those wet floors multiple times, tweaking my knee, while there were many older fans that had to be carried out due to the dangerous conditions the floors created. For those that weren't there, what we're talking about was the main concourse's concrete floor. Since the stadium is basically a giant covered parking space whose roof, while solid over the field, was basically Swiss cheese on the outer edges that allowed water into the stadium. When those floors got wet, because of the type of concrete used, they became a slick as ice. Imagine a wet game at The Carter and every concrete surface a sheet of ice; it was bad.

In fact, I'll go one step further in my complaints. The entire CFP organization sucked...this was one of the worse games, from an operational standpoint, I've ever been to... and that includes several trips to Ford Stadium. I hope we're back here again next year when they play in Houston, because LA was a [ Finebaum ]show.
Full Ride talked about this this morning. Rick said the same things you did. Said he saw 4 people fall. Security guard hit his head. He said SOFI is a mess. Said getting in was a disaster. He also called out the CFP for bilking folks for money. 975 dollar face value lower bowl, 500is upper deck, and they won't allow tail gaiting without a heavy fee? Just to make money, when they were already making a boatload off the tv deal.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
It can't be blamed on the stadium, but probably on the personnel, that our buses were not where specified before the game but out in the far darkness that we had to trudge through in a driving rain. Then, once we finally reached the buses, they ran us right back through the middle of the parking and out the far side. Stupid.

DeuceBoogieNights

I thought the stadium was cool. I love the concept and I'm sure it's even better when it's not raining. We got hosed on the weather. Getting out was a nightmare.

LisaLT

Nothing in LA is designed with bad weather in mind. That is the problem. When it does actually rain, its a real [ Finebaum ] show. We left early - at the start of the 4th quarter when it was OBVIOUS the game was well past over, and did not have too much trouble leaving. I was super happy we drove there. Waiting for ride shares in driving rain would be horrible.

Honestly, after attending this game and spending way more money than it was worth, I think I'd rather watch on a nice big TV in the comfort of my home. These types of games are a mess on so many levels.

Very impressive stadium…it was quite obvious that a windy rain was not in the design spec’s.. they very seldom have weather (storms as the call them out here)like this. We saw several people fall too, a couple of them really hard..parking and traffic were not an issue for us….other than the score and the indoor misting… we have had a blast, met up with friends…made new friends, GA fans were gracious….love LA

cheese83

I kept thinking of course California would design a stadium like this. Polished concrete was a disaster and the whole stadium was dangerous to move around in. Saw so many people slip and fall, surprised nobody stumbled down the stairs in the upper deck. It was like a 45 degree incline. The screen was cool at least.

BleedNPurple

No, I think that for the way the stadium is built. The quality of the finish, the investment in the infrastructure, the way the place is maintained and the way it’s managed. I get a pretty good peek under the hood at these places.
I’ve also been in a lot of stadiums - worked construction in several including Jerry World and Globe Life. Both of those stadiums are A grade designs and stadiums. Easy entrance and exit - everything was thought out well. Not impressed with that Tempe stadium - it’s a cattle barn.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Nothing in LA is designed with bad weather in mind. That is the problem. When it does actually rain, its a real [ Finebaum ] show. We left early - at the start of the 4th quarter when it was OBVIOUS the game was well past over, and did not have too much trouble leaving. I was super happy we drove there. Waiting for ride shares in driving rain would be horrible.

Honestly, after attending this game and spending way more money than it was worth, I think I'd rather watch on a nice big TV in the comfort of my home. These types of games are a mess on so many levels.
That includes your roads and highways. Last night driving in the rain I became aware of how much I underestimate the roads we have in Texas. I think California doesn't know there are things called lane reflectors they can use along with reflective paint to mark the lanes. Driving was like a guessing game.. am I in my lane or straddling two lanes?

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
So for those that went to both the Fiesta and the CFP, you are saying the CFP was far worse? I was fine with the Fiesta except for getting in and out of the stadium.
Fiesta was better in almost every way. The bowl committee did a great job, their personal was attentive and quick to respond. To contrast, yesterday we had an issue with one of our press parking passes and I emailed, texted, and called the CFP media contact 4, 3, and 2 hours before the game to see if they could get it corrected. Getting no response, we gave up and I had to pay for parking (not cheap), then an hour before the game he texted me back asking what I needed. When I told him they screwed up one of our parking passes and I had to pay for parking he just replied with a thumbs up emoji. Jerk.

Eight

That includes your roads and highways. Last night driving in the rain I became aware of how much I underestimate the roads we have in Texas. I think California doesn't know there are things called lane reflectors they can use along with reflective paint to mark the lanes. Driving was like a guessing game.. am I in my lane or straddling two lanes?

your sure you just weren't driving on the cosmo kramer first class luxury lanes?

Cougar/Frog

Fiesta was better in almost every way. The bowl committee did a great job, their personal was attentive and quick to respond. To contrast, yesterday we had an issue with one of our press parking passes and I emailed, texted, and called the CFP media contact 4, 3, and 2 hours before the game to see if they could get it corrected. Getting no response, we gave up and I had to pay for parking (not cheap), then an hour before the game he texted me back asking what I needed. When I told him they screwed up one of our parking passes and I had to pay for parking he just replied with a thumbs up emoji. Jerk.
Fiesta committee has been running for a long time. The CFP did this on its own with SoFi. Much better having a permanent committee getting the event planned.

For all the corruption that was exposed at the Fiesta soon after the 2010 game, it was well run back then. Fot example, I got a replacement press parking pass that game without issue when mine got lost.