• The KillerFrogs

The Last Day, and The First Day

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Today. Today is the last day of the old TCU. After today, we are no longer "The little school that could." We came, we saw, and we have kicked ass! We are playing for the National Championship, and win or lose, we are one of only 8 programs to make it in the Playoff Era. However much they sneer, we have made it.

Screw em. Go Frogs!

Eight

Today. Today is the last day of the old TCU. After today, we are no longer "The little school that could." We came, we saw, and we have kicked ass! We are playing for the National Championship, and win or lose, we are one of only 8 programs to make it in the Playoff Era. However much they sneer, we have made it.

Screw em. Go Frogs!

this season, with the announcement of texas and ou bolting to the sec, the pronouncement by some of the end of the big 12, and the way things have played out has me believing in the sporting gawds saying fawk you to the alphabet network, fox, the sec, the big 10 and shown this isn't just for a few

bbell

Screw em. Go Frogs!
Agreed. This is the culmination of one long story but the beginning of another. Enter the TCU Horned Frogs into the new elite of college football.

Limey Frog

I thought this was going to be about the first and last day of this season. Both will have been late nights for me watching games in the eastern timezone. I went to bed after the CU game happy but with no idea if TCU was any good. None of us could have imagined it all ending here. Whatever happens, no one played more games or extended their dream for longer; no one proved more doubters wrong or improved so much.

What a ride it has been! Give 'em hell, TCU!

Last edited:

Wexahu

Screw em. Go Frogs!
And to think this is the matchup ESPN wanted all along, because as you've told us over and over, ESPN controls the CFP, and what they want, they get.

Isn't this fun?

FrogCop19

I am truly hoping for a Frog win tonight, as are we all, and I don't want to get into that "At least we got here" participation trophy mindset.

However, I am so frickin' proud of my Horned Frogs. To accomplish the things we have accomplished this year against all odds and in the face of analysts and data and bluebloods and everything else is truly a miracle. We have done what so many people everywhere (including many on here, possibly even myself at times) never believed we would:

We have become respected.
We lost a game and stayed in the top 4 of the CFP when no one ever has.
We won against the winningest program in NCAA history when no one said we could.
We played with every ounce of effort and came out victorious, when everyone said we couldn't.
We are in the National Championship game when everyone said we shouldn't be.

Win or lose, we have arrived.

froginmn

Screw em. Go Frogs!
*seven

Ohio State
Oregon
Alabama
Clemson
Georgia
LSU
TCU

Those are the teams to make the final.

But heck yeah, this is awesome!

Virginia Frog

I am truly hoping for a Frog win tonight, as are we all, and I don't want to get into that "At least we got here" participation trophy mindset.

However, I am so frickin' proud of my Horned Frogs. To accomplish the things we have accomplished this year against all odds and in the face of analysts and data and bluebloods and everything else is truly a miracle. We have done what so many people everywhere (including many on here, possibly even myself at times) never believed we would:

We have become respected.
We lost a game and stayed in the top 4 of the CFP when no one ever has.
We won against the winningest program in NCAA history when no one said we could.
We played with every ounce of effort and came out victorious, when everyone said we couldn't.
We are in the National Championship game when everyone said we shouldn't be.

Win or lose, we have arrived.
W or L, we have work to do after this game.

1) Do SOMETHING to disavow the SEC-B1G "Super Two" (P2) horsehockey as valid. The B12/ACC/P12 are not "M3" Middle Three - hey, remember we were once "mid-majors." More TV money (bowl options, public regard) for us, less for them. "Blueblood" should become an anachronistic term. It's merit that counts in America not pedigree - that should be the value we embrace. Bottom-up has made this nation great.

2) Nail Sonny's feet to the turf so he can't go ANYWHERE. $

3) Compensate the Assistants and athletic staff.

4) Forgive Coach Shoffner (who said he "hated" recruiting - how'd that not come up in his interview?), Frank W (he was constrained), Dr Moudy (was lethargic re: sports) and those who in the '70s gave up (limited funding $$$) on TCU athletics and just let it ride.

5) Thank all those in the TCU Family who gave money (big and small amounts), bought tickets and gave their support for the advancement of our Athletic programs and have remodeled and refabricated the campus (than many of us don't recognize today!) This whole thing is a group effort (Dr Tucker told me this and that everyone's participation is necessary.)

Georgia's in for a fight tonight.

The TCU Football Jerk

And to think this is the matchup ESPN wanted all along, because as you've told us over and over, ESPN controls the CFP, and what they want, they get.

Isn't this fun?

Back when everyone said espin and the networks didn't want tcu to advance, I always thought that to be incredibly stupid and short sided on their part. Nothing sells better than the underdog, David vs. Goliath. Hype the hell out of it and watch people tune in to root for the under dogs.

Cougar/Frog

Back when everyone said espin and the networks didn't want tcu to advance, I always thought that to be incredibly stupid and short sided on their part. Nothing sells better than the underdog, David vs. Goliath. Hype the hell out of it and watch people tune in to root for the under dogs.
It seems for ESPN over the last couple decades, an underdog story is when a blue blood starts the season out of the top 10 and makes it to the CFP. Tennessee would have been their ideal underdog story this season....

Wexahu

It was stupid, and things like that are always stupid.

It's funny how it goes from "ESPN and the power brokers in college football are in control and they will dictate who plays in the CFP Invitiational, and we all know it's all about money with them, and that means BIG BRANDS" to now that must not be the case or something, so crickets on that front.

Make no mistake, we earned and deserve to be where we are tonight. But so did those other teams that were before us. That's what makes it mean more to be honest.

Wexahu

ESPN has bent over backwards to say we deserve to be here and that we have a chance to win, but I believe that is because it is the only narrative to sell to drive the ratings. None of them are picking us.
We are 13 point underdogs. It's not that unusual at all for most people to be picking us to lose. What difference does it make anyway? I almost prefer it that way.

Cougar/Frog

We are 13 point underdogs. It's not that unusual at all for most people to be picking us to lose. What difference does it make anyway? I almost prefer it that way.
And when TCU wins, the story will be how Georgia lost the game due to its own mistakes, just like after the Fiesta Bowl.

Jax

The Big 12 did not faire well during the bowl season, but as a K-State fan I will be watching intently for the Horned Frogs to not only represent the conference but every school outside of the so-called elite. Here is wishing the team the best and know that the majority of the nation will be TCU fans tonight!

Wexahu

It seems for ESPN over the last couple decades, an underdog story is when a blue blood starts the season out of the top 10 and makes it to the CFP. Tennessee would have been their ideal underdog story this season....
I have no idea where you come up with this stuff. Based on what? ESPN (and the CFP committee if you think they are intertwined) could have picked Tennessee (or Alabama) this year if they were inclined. Instead, TCU was kept at #3 even after we lost our CCG game, which I don't think they've ever not moved a team down in the rankings in the CFP era after a loss in the final week of the season.

Some of you people are obsessed with "blue bloods" and need to just get over the fact that they aren't really treated with any more deference than other teams, because it's not really true.

Wexahu

And when TCU wins, the story will be how Georgia lost the game due to its own mistakes, just like after the Fiesta Bowl.
That will be a story but the main story will be TCU and our amazing season.

The only people who only heard that Michigan lost due to their own mistakes were people who just didn't let themselves listen to anything else. I can't tell you how many people I've heard give tons of credit to TCU, both in the media and out in public. Frankly our fan base is beyond a beating with the "nobody likes us or gives us enough credit" narrative.

kodiak

Why do teams make mistakes? They get tired. They misread formations/coverage. They get out coached. They are poorly coached. They are unprepared to capitalize when opportunities are revealed. You win because you win! You wear the other guy out. You disguise formation/coverage. You out coach. You prepare to take advantage of opportunities. That’s my obvious take.
GO FROGS. Unleash the lizards!