• The KillerFrogs

CPR on the field on Monday Night Football?

tcudoc

Commotio cordis is my best guess.

Commotio cordis is a phenomenon in which a sudden blunt impact to the chest causes sudden death in the absence of cardiac damage. This condition was first described in the middle of the 18th century in the context of chest trauma among workers

Last edited:

McFroggin

Commotio cordis is a phenomenon in which a sudden blunt impact to the chest causes sudden death in the absence of cardiac damage. This condition was first described in the middle of the 18th century in the context of chest trauma among workers

Most likely option. HCM lower odds. Time to AED known?

Frog79

Certainly possible. The hit really didn’t look that bad which makes me wonder if he had a subclinical heart condition (myocarditis?) aggravated by the hit. At this point who knows.

Brog

Amazing watching it over. Hamlin wasn't exactly hit. He made the tackle on the Bengals player and it didn't look like an unusually hard tackle or violent tackle at all. And then he got up and stood upright for about two seconds and fell straight onto his back. Sure do hope he recovers as he is now said to be in critical conditions at the hospital.

hometown frog

Unreal night in history. Praying this kid survives. Also hoping this can become another step in the right direction w the NFL being forced to better handle player safety and well being moving forward. The fact that their first reaction was to simply give the players 10 minutes to restart the game and that it (rumored) took the players and coaches to effectively conduct a mutiny and head to the locker rooms to suspend the game is a terrible look

CountryFrog

Unreal night in history. Praying this kid survives. Also hoping this can become another step in the right direction w the NFL being forced to better handle player safety and well being moving forward. The fact that their first reaction was to simply give the players 10 minutes to restart the game and that it (rumored) took the players and coaches to effectively conduct a mutiny and head to the locker rooms to suspend the game is a terrible look
I don't disagree but somewhat in the NFL's defense this was a totally unprecedented situation as far as I know. I don't remember ever seeing anything like this before. So in hindsight is easy to say this is what they should've done but in real time there's no playbook on how to handle this.

nwlafrog

Amazing watching it over. Hamlin wasn't exactly hit. He made the tackle on the Bengals player and it didn't look like an unusually hard tackle or violent tackle at all. And then he got up and stood upright for about two seconds and fell straight onto his back. Sure do hope he recovers as he is now said to be in critical conditions at the hospital.
Tee Higgins took the tackle on by leading with his shoulder. I’m assuming that shoulder to the chest may have been the trauma that @tcudoc referenced when he explained his best guess at the time. I haven’t watched the replay more than the original once over so I’m just guessing.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!

I hope Shannon Sharpe slaps the [ Finebaum ] out of this [ mother farger ]. [ What the heck? ] is wrong with people in this world. scheiss the football game.

hometown frog

I don't disagree but somewhat in the NFL's defense this was a totally unprecedented situation as far as I know. I don't remember ever seeing anything like this before. So in hindsight is easy to say this is what they should've done but in real time there's no playbook on how to handle this.
Don’t think it’s a hard decision that when you have a player effectively dead on the field that you suspend the game. I get that it’s unprecedented, and there’s prob no easy rule or legal clause to refer to, but restarting was the last thing that should have been expected and seemed to be what the leagues first push was for.

PineyWoodsFrog

This incident was a reality-check for me. As a fan, we get so caught up in the performance of our players - we are so critical when a player misses a tackle, drops an interception, fumbles the ball, throws an interception, drops a pass, etc. We have so much school pride and want to see our team win so badly that the human element of the game gets forgotten. Yes, I know what happened to Hamlin is a rare occurrence, but it can happen to anyone at anytime.