• The KillerFrogs

Yahoo! Sports: Former 5-star Alabama OT Tommy Brockermeyer predicted to transfer to TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Former 5-star Alabama OT Tommy Brockermeyer predicted to transfer to TCU​

Brody Smoot

c0b03e8c9f4c220b06994f5cd58a7be0

Former five-star and Alabama offensive tackle Tommy Brockermeyer recently announced that he was entering the transfer portal. On Thursday, TCU Insider Jeremy Clark placed a crystal ball prediction for him to land at TCU.

This comes as somewhat of a surprise considering he and his brother (James) are Texas legacies. His father, Blake, played offensive tackle for the Longhorns. His older brother, Luke, played linebacker for the Longhorns.

Read more at https://sports.yahoo.com/former-5-star-alabama-ot-155345456.html?src=rss

He is no longer a five-star because he is nagged by being hurt or injured and is thus not good enough to play at Alabama. Durability is more important than ability and so far Brockermeyer is an example of that.

Last edited:

Wexahu

Unless he goes to Aggy, in which case he gains one.

iu
LOL at anyone who gets worked up over this. What the hell difference does it make whether he is called a "former" or not? Once a kid gets on campus it is irrelevant anyway. Remember that "5-star" RB that transferred in from Michigan a few years back? Was he a 5-star or a former 5-star? Did it matter?

I assume Brockermeyer has quite a bit of raw talent and fits the stereotype of a great O-lineman based on his recruiting ranking. Time will tell whether he becomes one, I guess he hasn't really proven it yet on the college level, but I wouldn't bet against it.

Traveling Frog

The only recruits in transfer portal who should be highly ranked are kids who showed it on the field. Brockermeyer barley touched the field in two years. it was written that he had multiple injuries so that may be part of it but he was pushed down the depth chart. Here's to hoping he comes here, stays healthy, and turns it around.

HFrog1999

LOL at anyone who gets worked up over this. What the hell difference does it make whether he is called a "former" or not? Once a kid gets on campus it is irrelevant anyway. Remember that "5-star" RB that transferred in from Michigan a few years back? Was he a 5-star or a former 5-star? Did it matter?

I assume Brockermeyer has quite a bit of raw talent and fits the stereotype of a great O-lineman based on his recruiting ranking. Time will tell whether he becomes one, I guess he hasn't really proven it yet on the college level, but I wouldn't bet against it.

Lol, at people who get worked up at people loling at a silly headline

stripes lighten GIF

WhatTheFrog

Stars are only for recruits and what is believed to be on-field performance at the collegiate level before it has been proven, correct? I take "former 5 star" as he is no longer a recruit. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't keep up with star ratings so much and I don't recall current players being referred to as "he's a 3 star player this year" or anything like that.

HFrog1999

Stars are only for recruits and what is believed to be on-field performance at the collegiate level before it has been proven, correct? I take "former 5 star" as he is no longer a recruit. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't keep up with star ratings so much and I don't recall current players being referred to as "he's a 3 star player this year" or anything like that.

joke wtf GIF

Starsies are silly, especially at the high school level. It’s just something to get clicks

I am surprised they haven’t come out with new starsies for transfers though.

Eight

partly, believe one other component of the rating is how the prospect projects to the nfl which i have always found a bit laughable, heck the nfl struggles to get that right

this places a value on physical attributes such as height and weight as well as others

Eight

joke [ What the heck? ] GIF

Starsies are silly, especially at the high school level. It’s just something to get clicks

I am surprised they haven’t come out with new starsies for transfers though.

they have, go to the transfer portal on 247 and you will find the new ratings for transfer prospects

blake is rated a 3-star transfer prospect and jojo earle is rated a 4-star transfer prospect which is interesting as earle has had limited production at bama over 2-years, guess for different reasons

HFrog1999

they have, go to the transfer portal on 247 and you will find the new ratings for transfer prospects

blake is rated a 3-star transfer prospect and jojo earle is rated a 4-star transfer prospect which is interesting as earle has had limited production at bama over 2-years, guess for different reasons

Where’s JoJo going?

HFrog1999

thought is tcu and if sonny and the staff want him great.

he tore up mercer as a frosh and hasn't done much otherwise, don't know the why and as i said if they want him great, just find the hype on some transfers interesting

My son’s team played against him, so that’s the source of my interest.

Two of my former flag football players are being recruited by TCU. If they get stars I’m putting “Volunteer Football Coach of X & Y star rated players” on my LinkedIn

Limey Frog

Not sure this is directed at me, but, to be clear: I am not "worked up" about this. I don't follow recruiting at all except for what I can glean from this site on threads that haven't yet gone above single-digits of pages. I don't care until they hit the field on gameday, and I judge players exclusively from what they do at that point.

I do, however, love to take cheap shots at Aggy (especially if I can use a gif). Aggy is the gif that keeps on giffing. (SWIDT?)

Last edited:

HFrog1999

Not sure this is directed at me, but, to be clear: I am not "worked up" about this. I don't follow recruiting at all except for what I can glean from this site on threads that haven't yet gone about single-digits of pages. I don't care until they hit the field on gameday, and I judge playeers exclusively from what they do at that point.

I do, however, love to take cheap shots at Aggy (especially if I can use a gif). Aggy is the gif that keeps on giffing. (SWIDT?)

AgonizingOddHamadryas-small.gif