• The KillerFrogs

Doug Meacham assistance

CryptoMiner

From Denise Pointer

Dear Friends,

As many of you heard, Sunday night TCU Football Coach, Doug Meacham and his wife, Kendall’s home was hit by lightning and burned. Thankfully, the family all got out unharmed, but they did lose their home and belongings.

So many people have asked what they can do. The answer I was given was simply gift cards… Anything from Visa and Mastercard gift cards to Tom Thumb, Home Depot, Loews, Target, and Walmart gift cards in any amount. No amount is too small.

If you are so inclined and want to help the Meachams, we have offered to be a drop-off point for these gift cards. You can either drop them off at Gary’s office or mail them to Gary’s office. Each week, we will gather them all together and get them to Kendall Meacham.

Gary Pointer, DDS, 4901 Bryant Irvin Road North, Suite 100, Fort Worth TX 76107
Office hours – Monday – Wednesday 8:30-5:00, Thursdays 7:00 – 1:00pm
Fort Worth is an amazing community and I know Coach Meacham and his family are very appreciative of any support offered.

Please share with your Facebook friends!

Denise and Gary Pointer

Dang. That's scary. Glad they're all OK.

I know Meach has been a lightning rod issue for years...no pun intended (well, maybe). But he seems to really love TCU and FW and never wanted to leave the first time. I've run into him a time or two and he's always been willing to chat for a brief moment. Saw him and some coaches out the Thursday before the Baylor game last year and he was holding court. The whole group was loose and we all know what happened two days later.

Wish them well in putting their lives back together.

ticketfrog123

It’s one thing to ask for donations when it’s children or players with severe illness or unexpected medical bills / injuries, etc. (a cause most can sympathize with)

A coach that has cleared $2mm in the past few years and will have a chunk or most of this covered by insurance?

Uhhh

It’s one thing to ask for donations when it’s children or players with severe illness or unexpected medical bills / injuries, etc. (a cause most can sympathize with)

A coach that has cleared $2mm in the past few years and will have a chunk or most of this covered by insurance?

Uhhh

I was thinking the same thing but waiting for someone else to be brave enough to say it. He'll be fine in the financial depth. I highly doubt he is in any financial need at this point but certainly deserves our Ts & Ps.

Virginia Frog

Uhhh
I agree.

I know this is vey traumatic for DM and particularly his family, since I know well a family that suffered a similar fate I'm very sympathetic.

Losing keepsakes, photos, and family heirlooms hurt and I don't discount that and the re-build will be enormously inconvenient.

But the financial loss is the domain of his insurance carrier...not the folks on this board.

Zubaz

Uhhh
I totally get this take too. I think everyone was thinking it. If I had to guess, it could be more an issue of liquidity than anything else. I have done fairly well and have some savings, but if I lost my house and everything in it, I'd be in a pretty tough spot for a few months before everything got sorted.

Putt4Purple

I have heard the Meacham's do not want any assistance. They have insurance to cover their losses. They do not mind people donating to worthy causes instead in their honor.
Its honorable if the Meachams dont want financial assistance. Financially I'm sure they'll be fine but losing personal possessions and being displaced at the least for several months is never fun. It's a life disrupting event. Very stressful regardless of financial status. Been there, done that! I know. I wish them well. Go Frogs!

What Up Toad

Its honorable if the Meachams dont want financial assistance. Financially I'm sure they'll be fine but losing personal possessions and being displaced at the least for several months is never fun. It's a life disrupting event. Very stressful regardless of financial status. Been there, done that! I know. I wish them well. Go Frogs!

My dad doesn't have hardly any photos from his childhood because of a house fire. I know it always bothered my grandma that she didn't have a lot of those keepsakes.

Froglaw

Uhhh

Unless he’s insured with Allstate, then he needs a good lawyer