• The KillerFrogs

Zach Evans

CryptoMiner

Baseball. I love baseball and (we) set up NIL program at Okie Lite to make sure Oklahoma State stays competitive in this landscape. Doing the same for TCU. (Well, some amazing donors/alums have set it up, we are just contributing, thanks to the help of a member on this Forum.)

I was under the impression Evans had an NIL contract and that the changes to his IG account were possibly related to the deal. Sad to see your prior posts because it looks like I was misinformed. I don't think he has left the team yet, anyway.

Wexahu

I thought similar things after the 2007 season, where we had spent two years losing every big game we played. And after 2013 season, when it looked like we weren't going to be able to compete at the P5 level because after three years we weren't developing our offense at all.

The difference this time is the defense is terrible, and that's the part of the team he runs. In 2013 the defense was very solid, and we were very competitive against some very good teams.

This team is barely competitive, and it's the head coach's baby (defense) that is the biggest problem.

Zubaz

The difference this time is the defense is terrible, and that's the part of the team he runs. In 2013 the defense was very solid, and we were very competitive against some very good teams.

This team is barely competitive, and it's the head coach's baby (defense) that is the biggest problem.
We've had bad defenses before. I was a senior for the 2004 season. That defense was beyond putrid too and against much worse teams. As bad as this team is, they wouldn't lose to most of the teams the 2004 team got smoked by. 2015 defense was absolutely decimated by injuries and regularly torched by bad teams, relying on absolute magic by Boykin/Doctson, and in one case Green, multiple times.

And I don't disagree, this defense is among the worst we've ever seen in the Patterson era, particularly the run defense. This needs to get fixed. But we probably do need to recognize that we replaced 7 starters, a lot of which were NFL talent. Basically everyone but the DL is new, and add two or three starters from what's left being down due to injury. That's still on GP to build depth, have them prepared, all that good stuff. Not defending this performance at all, just not lining up with pitchforks outside JD's office quite yet either.

Wexahu

We've had bad defenses before. I was a senior for the 2004 season. That defense was beyond putrid too and against much worse teams. As bad as this team is, they wouldn't lose to most of the teams the 2004 team got smoked by. 2015 defense was absolutely decimated by injuries and regularly torched by bad teams, relying on absolute magic by Boykin/Doctson, and in one case Green, multiple times.

And I don't disagree, this defense is among the worst we've ever seen in the Patterson era, particularly the run defense. This needs to get fixed. But we probably do need to recognize that we replaced 7 starters, a lot of which were NFL talent. Basically everyone but the DL is new, and add two or three starters from what's left being down due to injury. That's still on GP to build depth, have them prepared, all that good stuff. Not defending this performance at all, just not lining up with pitchforks outside JD's office quite yet either.
Tomlinson was preseason 1st team All conference, Van Zandt has started plenty of games and played a ton. Same with Winters. They've played all year.

What do mean basically everyone is new except the DL? Over 40% of the back 7 aren't new at all. Not to mention several other upperclassmen who have played a decent amount of football (Harris, Bradford, Caesar....and throw Carter in there too although it wasn't for us). Probably even forgetting some.

This is FAR from an inexperienced defense, relatively speaking.

CountryFrog

You can point to other seasons where we've had this problem over here or that problem over here.

If you know of a 4 year stretch where we've had this many scheissing problems then please do share.

LisaLT

There's no drama with him though. He hasn't done a thing but be exemplary both on and off the field. He has delivered on potential, apparently one of our better academic performers, and I *love* the attitude he shows on sidelines, he is constantly shown talking his teammates up, which is rare for an underclassman.

The only drama surrounding him has been rumors from press, twitter, and fans about him. That's not his fault.
Sorry, but if this situation isn't drama, I don't know what is. He HAD to know that removing all TCU references would create "drama." I'm not saying he hasn't played well or been a good teammate - from what I have seen (but that is somewhat limited). Drama is created by actions - intentional or unintentional.

Wexahu

Sorry, but if this situation isn't drama, I don't know what is. He HAD to know that removing all TCU references would create "drama." I'm not saying he hasn't played well or been a good teammate - from what I have seen (but that is somewhat limited). Drama is created by actions - intentional or unintentional.
Right. Supposedly it's kinda funny that a player uses social media to yank the chain of fans and the media. Can't see Sam Carter, Chucky Hunter or Andy Dalton wasting time with that, but who knows?

StealthFrog

He missed the OU game with a foot injury. That’s a known fact.
Fact? you're trusting GP and his injury reports now? No details about the injury, yet everyone knew the details about Duggan's broken bone in his foot. Not to mention Duggan played through it.

Maybe his foot was banged up and holding him out was tied into his limited carries and protecting his future. Or we can call it drama.

Moose Stuff

If it were LT or any number of other players from our past and they had that same injury, I don't think they'd have missed that game. Can't prove it, but that's just my opinion.
Perhaps. But it wasn’t like he was totally healthy and chose not to play. There WAS something wrong with his foot. I feel like you can apply this thinking to tons of players in today’s game FWIW.

jake102

Fact? you're trusting GP and his injury reports now? No details about the injury, yet everyone knew the details about Duggan's broken bone in his foot. Not to mention Duggan played through it.

Maybe his foot was banged up and holding him out was tied into his limited carries and protecting his future. Or we can call it drama.

Evans was in a boot the week after Tech game.