• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: The Iron Skillet, Episode 100

Mean Purple

this, the issues on the offensive side of the ball can be fixed with better play calling though

max looked much better when he wasn't being asked to carry the offense in the passing game and he must get better, but overall there are enough positives on the offensive side i have some optimism for this season

defensively though is a different matter. big problems and big concerns in the front six. number of players in their 3rd, 4th season in the program so this is not a young group and there have been questions about the coaching in this area
he never looks comfortable in the passing game. need a qb who can throw a catchable ball most of the time.

HFrog1999

Well, I got to buy several Shiner’s from the beer vendor in my section and someone apparently added The Misfits to the Jumbotron playlist….

6hhvd.gif

Moose Stuff

I get the pessimism and share it. But a lot of football teams look lost one week figure it out the next. I do think any dreams of a top 25 season are out the window but we are talented enough and GP is experienced enough for a modest rebound. At least that is what I am trying to tell myself.
I wish we had lost because we looked lost. We lost because the SMU OL mauled our DL from start to finish. You can at least hope to fix being lost. Can’t fix what I saw today.

Eight

he never looks comfortable in the passing game. need a qb who can throw a catchable ball most of the time.

first half he and savion just missed on the deep ball, he made some nice intermediate throws, td was good throw, and the ball quention went up with the db in the corner of the endzone wasn't bad as well

he doesn't have to be great and he was effective enough until meacham went braindead in the 5th offensive series and the call to start the 3rd quarter looked like a decision made at half they weren't smart enough to back out of in that field position

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I get the pessimism and share it. But a lot of football teams look lost one week figure it out the next. I do think any dreams of a top 25 season are out the window but we are talented enough and GP is experienced enough for a modest rebound. At least that is what I am trying to tell myself.
There were a few who pointed out that barely squeaking by Cal was not an encouraging sign. It was hoped that there would be improvement from then to now...

I don't see any reason to have hope at this point. Yeah, we might stop a couple of bad teams on the Conference slate, but the stalwarts will just beat the living crap out of this defense. Spencer Rattler isn't all that, but he beat the guy we couldn't even slow down out of a job in Norman, and we get to play them up there. Linc might score 100 with people coming down out of the stands to play...

Virginia Frog

Such a bad way to start the day. Now I'm pissed off. It's one loss, but a BAD one. I hope each and every player takes this personally and comes out next week with a different mindset.
And I hope the Cowhorns come out next Saturday "TCUesque" after their big knockout of the TT Raiders. "TCUesque" = overconfident that is.

I'm not letting the Froggies ruin my day. I would be joyous if the West Virginers take the Okies to the woodshed.

Chongo94

This is where I always question if we really do have a true honest and open quarterback competition ever. I generally doubt it but it’d be worth having just to know if we do have someone that can hit the deep ball or look more comfortable in general or just hell, actually complete a pass when or if Max is injured.

LisaLT

first half he and savion just missed on the deep ball, he made some nice intermediate throws, td was good throw, and the ball quention went up with the db in the corner of the endzone wasn't bad as well

he doesn't have to be great and he was effective enough until meacham went braindead in the 5th offensive series and the call to start the 3rd quarter looked like a decision made at half they weren't smart enough to back out of in that field position
I thought he made some poor reads at times - open receivers were not targeted or missed, but also he tends to revert back to throwing bullets at times, making potentially catchable balls hard to catch.

Virginia Frog

Gary post game says (paraphrasing) “it falls on him,” then follows with “that’s what happens when you don’t play with leverage and don’t tackle well.”
If the D had the hard hitting in the 2nd half like they did in the 2nd half of the Oregon Alamo Bowl (and remember TCU had 3 INTs in this game with no W) we'd all be smiling this afternoon,

Last edited: