• The KillerFrogs

2022 Recruiting Thread

Moose Stuff

Matthew Golden got a big ratings bump and is now a 4 star composite recruit. Also DPM now officially listed as a 2021 so that class got a little bump and the 2022 class went the opposite way (not that it really matters).

Last edited:

MinFrog

Matthew Cain got a big ratings bump and is now a 4 star composite recruit. Also DPM now officially listed as a 2021 so that class got a little bump and the 2022 class went the opposite way (not that it really matters).
Matthew Golden, from Klein Cain

but yes, nice bump.

Moose Stuff

Just had a thought that is somewhat Recruiting related, so I thought I'd just drop this here. With UT and OU leaving the Big 12 and joining the Aggies in the Super Duper SEC, that will affect the player Transfer process. Up until very recently, any UT or OU player that became disillusioned and wanted to transfer, was prohibited (for the most part) from transferring to either TCU, Tech, or Baylor, even if one of those schools was their original second choice, because we were all in the same conference. Now they can! And with OU and UT in the SEC with A&M, the players from those schools can no longer just switch to A&M or vice versa, which should help us as we're the "only game in town" so-to-speak!

I think this is a valid point. Assuming we end up in a non power league transfers will become a bigger part of what we do as we start having more difficulty with the HS kids. SMU had done a very good job of that lately.

Nick Danger

I think this is a valid point. Assuming we end up in a non power league transfers will become a bigger part of what we do as we start having more difficulty with the HS kids. SMU had done a very good job of that lately.
Whoops, I now realize I was mistaken. I forgot about the new transfer Portal changes that allow players to transfer wherever they want. My bad!

LisaLT

Whoops, I now realize I was mistaken. I forgot about the new transfer Portal changes that allow players to transfer wherever they want. My bad!
But I think you were right. Player transfers within a conference still have to sit out a year unless they are given a waiver by the school they are leaving. Isn't that correct?

CryptoMiner

But I think you were right. Player transfers within a conference still have to sit out a year unless they are given a waiver by the school they are leaving. Isn't that correct?

Yes and as long as UT and OU are in the conference any transfer to or from them to other conference schools are not going to get a waiver. Luckily OU already gave the waiver for Morris.

Nick Danger

Well, now I'm more unsure than ever LOL! Is that the scenario that occurred recently where the Oklahoma QB wanted to transfer to TCU?