• The KillerFrogs

OU players to be Suspended for Drugs

SuperTFrog

Then, let's start doing them and encourage others to do the same. And that starts with our words and thoughts.

Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
-1 Thessalonians 5:11

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
-Ephesians 4:29

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
-Colossians 3:16

We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. For Christ did not please himself, but as it is written, “The reproaches of those who reproached you fell on me.” For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, ...
-Romans 15:1-11
I am a fellow believer but this is what they call a “Jesus Juke” in the business. We came here to talk sports, poke a little fun (in a silly way that no one should be taking seriously) and now we are getting a full court press moral lecture.

You are not going to convert anybody by preaching moralism on a message board.

ThisIsOurTime

I am a fellow believer but this is what they call a “Jesus Juke” in the business. We came here to talk sports, poke a little fun (in a silly way that no one should be taking seriously) and now we are getting a full court press moral lecture.

You are not going to convert anybody by preaching moralism on a message board.
You do realize you are engaging in moralism yourself, right? And are trying to convert me to your way of thinking on a message board.

Froglaw

Bosworth has turned his life around and come to faith. He now does Christian movies and by all accounts seems to be very humble and contrite about his past. As Christians we should be supporting him rather than dredging up the past just to take a swipe at OU.

https://www.tulsatoday.com/2013/07/06/brian-the-boz-bosworth-talks-new-found-christian-faith/
https://www1.cbn.com/video/brian-bosworth-finds-redemption-while-losing-lsquo-the-boz

Why do I as A "Christian" have an obligation to support a man who built his wealth by abusing steroids and because he now says he's a Christian?

BTW, I've watched some of the far right Christian movies and I'm not impressed with their hypocritical messages or their entertainment value.

ThisIsOurTime

Why do I as A "Christian" have an obligation to support a man who built his wealth by abusing steroids and because he now says he's a Christian?

Do you support the teachings and life example of Paul the Apostle or reject him out of hand because of his past as Saul?

How do you interpret the prodigal son parable? Do you not see the father's love as an example for how Christians should treat those who return to the fold?

Or what about the parable of the lost sheep? In Matthew 18:12-14 "What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.

Even Jesus sacrificed himself on the Cross for our sins.

I think there are plenty of reasons why Christians should support new Christians and encourage them to strengthen their faith regardless of their past.

BTW, I've watched some of the far right Christian movies and I'm not impressed with their hypocritical messages or their entertainment value.

When I used the word support I was not thinking of financial support, I meant moral support and guidance for Brian. However, I do believe it is important that Christians do support each other and that should include using Christian businesses.

I am not really sure what a far right Christian movie is. Perhaps you could elaborate on that? Of Bosworth's Christian movies, I have only seen Do You Believe? I would characterize it as evangelical but certainly not advocating for any kind of ethnonationlism.

I did make the choice to switch out Netflix with PureFlix. Part of the reason I did this was because I did not like the low moral messages that were being promoted on Netflix and Hollywood. I wanted to support those who are trying to bring more wholesome entertainment especially if it had a positive Christian message. Every so often I will watch a Hollywood movie and be instantly reminded why I made the switch.

ThisIsOurTime

“And Frog-in-Law1995 said to those gathered, Ye have troubled me to make this thread stink among all others, among the Mods and the HASMSPers, and they being large in number, they shall gather themselves together against you, and slay you, and movest this thread to the general board.”

Gen 34:30 (ish)

Brog

Wonder what they would think on the "REalClearReligion" board (yes, there is one), if somebody came on there arguing that the man to man defense in basketball was better than the zone defense, or that Brees was better than Brady. Sort of like what this discussion has turned into, just the reverse/

Mean Purple

Just checking back in.
Is there any more information on the suspected suspensions or has this thread taken the usual dive into arguments where people harp on each other for their views and those who want to be more "woke" or whatever you call it say stuff that is just as offensive and "closed minded" while others harp with disdain the same way from the other direction?

In short, do any of you bunch of scholars have an update on the supposed news about players getting popped?