• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

Bob Sugar

2016 was our highest rated class, but 5 of our top 12 recruits that year either never made it to campus (Ryan Parker & Cam Williams), barely made it to campus (Horton), retired from football before fall practice started (Somerville), or redshirted and then transferred (Chambers)......so in other words, a good chunk of what made that class the "best" in recent history never played a down of football for TCU. Just shows how silly these rankings can be. And it's kind of ridiculous how 247 is so meticulous in ranking every player to the 4th decimal point but doesn't have the energy or wherewithal to go back and adjust class rankings based on who actually shows up on campus. That would give a lot more insight into how good the classes actually are/were. Our 2018 ranking still factors in 4-star Fabian Franklin for example. And that obviously applies for all schools, not just TCU.

Please never, ever use this phrase again. In fact, that phrase deserves a filter.

Moose Stuff

The one guy you hear literally nothing on is Steven Parker. Sounds like we aren’t really in the mix according to JC but sure would be nice if he surprised us. I’m assuming at this point he isn’t signing tomorrow.

MTfrog5

The one guy you hear literally nothing on is Steven Parker. Sounds like we aren’t really in the mix according to JC but sure would be nice if he surprised us. I’m assuming at this point he isn’t signing tomorrow.
Weird that Tech mods can’t get a hold of him after his visit either

Moose Stuff

Lewis picks Texas over Baylor. If TCU gets Powell, Baylor could have a huge swing and miss with their closing going into the early signing day

So now not only are we keeping kids that they went after, but they’re also taking kids that we didn’t want. I’ll count the last couple days as recruiting wins.

Ron Swanson

Lewis picks Texas over Baylor. If TCU gets Powell, Baylor could have a huge swing and miss with their closing going into the early signing day
Jim-Carey_Excited.gif

FrogLifeYo

Is he expected to sign somewhere tomorrow? I feel like anyone that doesn't we'll kind of be back to square one with whether they commit or not.
Conventional wisdom says you sign as many of your top targets as you can and then this whole recruiting thing starts over with whose left..JUCO early enrollment kids seem to be the big winners in the new early cycle.

Moose Stuff

Is he expected to sign somewhere tomorrow? I feel like anyone that doesn't we'll kind of be back to square one with whether they commit or not.

From what I’ve gathered, yes. But I haven’t seen it reported anywhere that the info is coming from him. Lots of speculation.