• The KillerFrogs

Kansas Press Conference

don

week 8. Kansas playing a lot better. lot of turnovers on D, Coach has done a good job. Had to make a tough decision with Meacham. We have to play better in lawrence.

don

Turpin - spoke at 11:20 yesterday. found out other things around 1:30. our players are like my kids if you cross the line. Turpin will not be on our team anymore. Knew about spring break. criminal property damage. For us to know anything else, you have to have that info.

don

in March, I have the sheet. criminal property damage.

discipline for that? Not knowing exactly what happened, no.

did turpin lie to you? no

don

It's something that's not tolerated.

He talked to one of my assistants. He was late coming back from spring break. we ran the check and this is what we got back at the time.

don

all i can tell you is what i knew. I would have liked to have known more.

document - march 15.

did not see what was on web (New Mexico) until yesterday.

don

get team focused on football? we are trying to win the ball game.

didn't know there was a court date in July. Out of state.

we do background checks before they come to tcu. can't do background check on every student after they are here, why every athlete?

if it had happened in fw, would have known more.

I am not trying to cover anything up. Feel bad because football is turpin's life. but this is the young lady's life, you can't cross that line.

jake102

Wait...... so earlier in the press conference Gary announced that Turpin is done but he hasn’t told him yet??? Seems less than ideal. I bet he knows now.

I'm assuming there's some GP speak since later on he mentioned he spoke with Turpin and he knows how these things get handled.

don

learning experience for team? i would agree.

sad part is a lot of kids look up to Turpin.

we have had over 600 kids, they have known we have been all in.

Bad things in 3. Mom, Dad and Turpin.

jake102

I'm not listening, but seems like this is kind of eating GP up. Sounds like he is legitimately surprised and saddened.