• The KillerFrogs

Regarding Turpin

Sebastian S

Not saying I am surprised.

We always knew he was a loose cannon and we were lucky to keep him under control all these years.

Very similar to Boykin.

This morning when I got a text about it I did a google search and nothing came up. But the first thing that did show up was an arrest in New Mexico in March:
https://www.rapsheets.org/newmexico/lascruces-jail/TURPIN_KAVONTAE/1800002192
TURPIN-1800002192.jpg

Had not seen this before.

Mean Purple

Not saying I am surprised.

We always knew he was a loose cannon and we were lucky to keep him under control all these years.

Very similar to Boykin.
What information have you heard where you base him being a loose cannon? I'm sure many of us have heard coaches talk about the grades issue, although he seems to keep them at the level to play.

CountryFrog

I'm a journalist who is very big on public records being available, but yeah, that's not a great look in my opinion. Turpin is a public figure, the other people are not. Blacking those other people out is the right thing to do.
Sure but that would've taken like an extra 20 seconds so you can understand why they wouldn't have wanted to spend the time just to protect the privacy of citizens.

CountryFrog

One reason why I'm always a little uncomfortable throwing shade at other programs for keeping things under wraps. We are probably more like most other programs than we care to admit.
Every program has SOME of this.

There's a big difference between what happens at TCU and most other programs than the things that have happened at places like Baylor, Penn St, Florida, and Ohio St.

It's like saying Americans shouldn't look down on the actions of North Korea because we have violence and shady politicians here too. Sure we do, but it's really not even close to the same.

Pharm Frog

There's a big difference between what happens at TCU and most other programs than the things that have happened at places like Baylor, Penn St, Florida, and Ohio St.

It's like saying Americans shouldn't look down on the actions of North Korea because we have violence and shady politicians here too. Sure we do, but it's really not even close to the same.

OU

Wexahu

Yes, you are right, there is a difference. But don't you think it's at least a little embarrassing that an arrest by one of our players in March is just now surfacing? By an internet poster no less? Isn't that kind of what we lambast other programs for doing? If Marquise Brown was arrested last spring for something like this and it never got publicized, wouldn't we be throwing out some barbs?

MAcFroggy

On the big 12 media conference call, Patterson said something along the lines of "we are a title 9 university so i am limited in what I can talk about" or something along those line. For him to bring that up on his own, my thought is that it is related to a girlfriend.

He also said Turpin is for sure suspended this week and once they get the police report they will look over his status for the rest of the season.

Pharm Frog

On the big 12 media conference call, Patterson said something along the lines of "we are a title 9 university so i am limited in what I can talk about" or something along those line. For him to bring that up on his own, my thought is that it is related to a girlfriend.

He also said Turpin is for sure suspended this week and once they get the police report they will look over his status for the rest of the season.

Title IX is a clue but not as definitive as some might think

Mean Purple

Reality is, if there was a violation in terms of what has been alleged, GP will pull the trigger on dismissing a player when that determination is made.