• The KillerFrogs

Regarding Turpin

netty2424

A Class A Misdemeanor is the most serious classification of misdemeanor charge in most states. ... A misdemeanor is an offense that is punishable by a jail term of one year maximum. Offenses that require more than a year of incarceration are usually classified as felonies.

All those other people on that list picked the wrong day to be arrested with the name sheets flying around social media like they are.

LisaLT

I can’t believe what I just woke up to. I just had a flashback to the day before the Alamo bowl and how shocked I was then. I pray that Turpin doesn’t go down that same road.

Moose Stuff

Please stop saying you feel bad for Turp and start saying you feel bad for the victim. Turp made his choice. He gave us some great moments but he has no place on this team anymore.

No I absolutely feel badly for him too. Not in an “I’m taking his side” kind of way but in a “may have just ruined your life kind of way”.

And I’ll hold off on feeling badly for the victim until I know who, why, what, etc.... makes a HUGE difference if it’s an adult male vs a child/female.

CountryFrog

Please stop saying you feel bad for Turp and start saying you feel bad for the victim. Turp made his choice. He gave us some great moments but he has no place on this team anymore.
We don't even know who the victim is or any other bit of information around this. I don't think there's anything wrong with waiting for SOME information to come out before declaring that he has no place on the team anymore.

You may well end up being right but I think you're jumping the gun just a bit based on the information we have right now, which is almost nothing.

Mean Purple

Folks,
While there are not any facts known at this point, the issue is serious. Comments on the issue at this point would be conjecture. Just wait to see what the facts are and hope that all involved are ok. Also, how this may impact football games does not seem like prudent concern. As it has in the past, if something was done wrong, TCU will address it. The school's comment would seem to confirm that practice.

riffram2011

All those other people on that list picked the wrong day to be arrested with the name sheets flying around social media like they are.

I'm a journalist who is very big on public records being available, but yeah, that's not a great look in my opinion. Turpin is a public figure, the other people are not. Blacking those other people out is the right thing to do.

Ralphy

Yea but as far as I knew that was always more for academic related stuff. This kind of thing seems out of nowhere to me.
This morning when I got a text about it I did a google search and nothing came up. But the first thing that did show up was an arrest in New Mexico in March:
https://www.rapsheets.org/newmexico/lascruces-jail/TURPIN_KAVONTAE/1800002192
TURPIN-1800002192.jpg

SuperTFrog

Folks,
While there are not any facts known at this point, the issue is serious. Comments on the issue at this point would be conjecture. Just wait to see what the facts are and hope that all involved are ok. Also, how this may impact football games does not seem like prudent concern. As it has in the past, if something was done wrong, TCU will address it. The school's comment would seem to confirm that practice.
I think on a football forum it is safe to assume people are going to wonder how this affects our football team. That isn’t the only thing people care about, but it is one thing they care about.