• The KillerFrogs

2018 CFB - Week 1 - Other Games Thread with TV Schedule

Chongo94

Apparently, BYU has a receiver that started at BYU, went on his mission, and then decided not to go back to BYU. Went to Hawaii and played against BYU last season. And then came back to BYU this year for his final season after starting his BYU career 6 years ago.

Eight

Apparently, BYU has a receiver that started at BYU, went on his mission, and then decided not to go back to BYU. Went to Hawaii and played against BYU last season. And then came back to BYU this year for his final season after starting his BYU career 6 years ago.

was it hawaii or byu-hawaii?

just asking because i like the idea of playing at two byu's three times over a 10-year period

That sounds right. Isn't the average age of their players about 35?

So I grew up a HUGE fan of the U. In fact, I only applied to 3 schools...Rice, TCU and the U. Rice and the U had a 2 part application. Got past the 1st part easily. Had a face-to-face appointment set up with a local Rice alum when I got my acceptance letter from TCU and never went. Miami called a week or so later and I don't remember what the process was but I told them I had already been accepted to TCU and thought it was best to stay close to home.

I remained a fan well into college and a little bit after. I saw them in Waco, Houston and College Station over the years but eventually my fandom waned and all my allegiances went to the Frogs.

I haven't really thought much about how life would have been different had I gone to Miami but felt a lot of nostalgia building up to this game. Watched prices on Stubhub all week and they got to a reasonable price but decided my wife was going to yell at me for how much I'll spend on the Ohio St and it wasn't worth the fight.

I guess this is growing up. - Blink 182

Tom Brown

So I grew up a HUGE fan of the U. In fact, I only applied to 3 schools...Rice, TCU and the U. Rice and the U had a 2 part application. Got past the 1st part easily. Had a face-to-face appointment set up with a local Rice alum when I got my acceptance letter from TCU and never went. Miami called a week or so later and I don't remember what the process was but I told them I had already been accepted to TCU and thought it was best to stay close to home.

I remained a fan well into college and a little bit after. I saw them in Waco, Houston and College Station over the years but eventually my fandom waned and all my allegiances went to the Frogs.

I haven't really thought much about how life would have been different had I gone to Miami but felt a lot of nostalgia building up to this game. Watched prices on Stubhub all week and they got to a reasonable price but decided my wife was going to yell at me for how much I'll spend on the Ohio St and it wasn't worth the fight.

Blink 182 blows.

Tom Brown

Where'd you go to HS?