• The KillerFrogs

Most heralded signee that missed...

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I remember hearing that guy’s name, the Egypt Allen guy. But only because older adults would talk about him. Never knew about all of that stuff, interesting.
I remember Egypt mostly because as a little guy, he got whupped with the ugly stick and then went through the line again. Bless his heart, but he was one ugly dude.

Eight

What position did he play?

big offensive lineman (~6' 8" , 280 back in the mid 80's) from minnesota who i believe was wacker's nephew. another parade high school aa and i think part of that class with jiles, delaney, davis, newton, sullivan, and the big d-tackle from eastern hills.

i believe rob had back problems and never played that i recall.

Eight

I thought Tim Schade was Wacker's nephew.

you most likely are right and it certainly would not be the first nor last time i am or will be wrong.

know for certain rob was from minnesota, uncertain on his connection to wacker, and fairly sure on the back so i guess that puts me luke warm on the matter.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Ronnie Littleton...IIRC...from Wichita Falls, same as Deerinwater

For those 70’s era Frogs (like me) you may recall former TCU Skiff writer & now big-shot at Texas Monthly Skip Hollingsworth wrote an excellent in-depth article in TM about Ronnie coming to TCU in our dreary, dark years & just got ate up by our old SWC foes defenses.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
For those 70’s era Frogs (like me) you may recall former TCU Skiff writer & now big-shot at Texas Monthly Skip Hollingsworth wrote an excellent in-depth article in TM about Ronnie coming to TCU in our dreary, dark years & just got ate up by our old SWC foes defenses.

He showed flashes. Didn’t have a lot to work with as far as teams.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
I remember Egypt mostly because as a little guy, he got whupped with the ugly stick and then went through the line again. Bless his heart, but he was one ugly dude.
I'm pretty sure I remember Egypt Allen delivering a massive hit on an SMU punt returner who should have called fair catch and didn't at Texas Stadium. He just laid the guy out.

Eight

Egypt was big and a team player. Started one year at running back and the next at linebacker.

when did egypt start at linebacker ?

i found 60+ carries in 1983 but none in 1984, he was a db in 1982, and we know what happened in 85

Last edited:

TheFDN

I could be misremembering here but I thought Egypt Allen was a more than an average player for us. Could be getting him mixed up with Falanda Newton?

More football-
Clint Renfro? Know he wasn't a 5 star kid but not sure he contributed at all.
Jeff Godley? Running back from Arlington who I think was pretty well regarded.

Basketball-
Princeton Parks? Maybe he was part of the Juan Bragg deal, but he didn't really ever contribute.

Eight

I could be misremembering here but I thought Egypt Allen was a more than an average player for us. Could be getting him mixed up with Falanda Newton?

More football-
Clint Renfro? Know he wasn't a 5 star kid but not sure he contributed at all.
Jeff Godley? Running back from Arlington who I think was pretty well regarded.

Basketball-
Princeton Parks? Maybe he was part of the Juan Bragg deal, but he didn't really ever contribute.

falanda was highly regarded out of od wyatt and had a good career at tcu. he had i believe 7-8 interceptions one season

egypt never played that i recall at defensive back after coming in as the top defensive back recruit in the country

in regards to basketball killer had a recruit out of ft worth dunbar who was a hs aa, 6'6", looked like a greek god, ran anchor on a very good dunbar 4x100 and lasted all of one semester at tcu due to academics