• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Ticket availability shows TCU fans have lukewarm interest in going to Alamo Bowl

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
What would be a higher priority to spend your money on?

I guess, depending on one’s circumstances, groceries, rent, Christmas bills, heat, gasoline...

I’m fortunate not to more urgent needs, but frankly haven’t been to a game since the Peach. Living in Mississippi of the Midwest, I try to contribute to Putple People Seaters or similar funds so military or needy people can go a root for TCU.

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
We are a bit spoiled by GMFP era success. The 2015 (season) Alamo Bowl was on Sat. Jan 2, 2016. That was a perfect date coinciding with New Year’s Day and on the weekend. This year’s game is on a workday Thursday too close to Christmas. The 1/2/16 game ammenities were bad, as was the ghost town post game where thousands of people found downtown SA/RW shut down, but that is not the problem. 12/28 is just a much less convienient date to a place we just went. The stupid Big 12 Champ Game was an extra Bowl to pay for. We went to the Arkansas game. We supported the Armed Forces Bowl (which was a great experience). UNCLE !!!

Bruce Berry

I guess, depending on one’s circumstances, groceries, rent, Christmas bills, heat, gasoline...

I’m fortunate not to more urgent needs, but frankly haven’t been to a game since the Peach. Living in Mississippi of the Midwest, I try to contribute to Putple People Seaters or similar funds so military or needy people can go a root for TCU.

So you're suggesting buying food and paying rent is more important than TCU football?

Bruce Berry

My feelings exactly. The game was one for the ages, but the entire rest of the experience was very sub par. I decided to stay in Cali and watch at one of the TCU watch parties. I do hope for all those who are attending this year that the experience is much better!

Bringing a cooler for the room.

Uncle_Frog

There are only 1,084 seats left on Stubhub for this game which is actually pretty darn good the day before a bowl game. Maybe if it wasn't cheaper to buy better seats on Stubhub or VividSeats, more people would buy through the schools. Ticket Allotment system is screwed up with bowl games.

Also, when did the athletic department start hiring the FWST to pump the the schools ticket allotment by guilt-tripping fans? Half to article is how-to guide to buy tickets from the athletic department.

Ron Swanson

Not going. San Antonio sucks imo. Would have considered other locations.
I hadn’t been to SA as an adult until the Alamo Bowl and was pleasantly surprised. Cooler than I thought it would be.

And for me, the decision to go to the bowl game is more about opponent than the city. Stanford is a good program and a big name. I’m not going to a bowl game to sight see with my wife.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I'm in San Antonio this time and will be again when necessary next time. The 2015 Alamo Bowl is one of my favorite sports memories.

Also, I get what drinking can do to you but the game will be over at midnight - is it really a requirement to need dinner at that point? Eating dinner at a normal dinner time should hold for the evening I would think.

Dogfrog

Not going. San Antonio sucks imo. Would have considered other locations.

Actually San Antonio can be awesome although it did suck last time. I attended an industry convention there every spring for 30 years. The place couldn’t have been more fun or lively til 2-3 AM. Which is why our last experience there was so disappointing.

ifrog

I have no interest because of our slightly above average QB at the helm. I hope we win but not excited about spending money this year. I've been frustrated enough watching in person at our home stadium these last 2 years.
LOL bye Felicia. I for one won’t miss you at the game mr fair weathered largely below average TCU fan. Hopefully you will keep your opinions about our QB to yourself since you have no interest in supporting TCU on their final game.

P

purplePPO

LOL bye Felicia. I for one won’t miss you at the game mr fair weathered largely below average TCU fan. Hopefully you will keep your opinions about our QB to yourself since you have no interest in supporting TCU on their final game.

Ha, I lured you in like you were a big hungry bass fish. How was your Christmas, Scrooge? I will be just fine thank you knowing the drudgery of the experiment from A&M has failed the last 2 years. I am worried about you though. Which player are you going to latch on to next year too berate the Killerfrog fan base? I know you have to get those replies and Mod admonishments to make you feel alive.

Last edited by a moderator:

FrogCop19

Can we please keep this civil? We're on the cusp of yet another top-ten finish, a victory in a bowl game over a top-15 opponent, and an 11-win season. Stop purposefully baiting, responding to bait, and being ass-hats in general. Be happy. I'll buy you both a beer if you can find me...

Big Frog II

The date of the bowl has a lot to do with the tepid interest. That and the bad tickets we got last time. I suspect more fans buying through Stubhub. By the way all of the bowls are suffering through bad dates this year in order to "protect" the playoff. The Cotton Bowl on 12/29, really. Three bowls on 12/26. That is a horrible date.