• The KillerFrogs

scheiss Lincoln Riley

Chongo94

I tell you what, and I'm not sure how the rules would apply and whatnot, but this would be one situation where I would've become Craig James. NOW BEFORE Y'ALL START YELLING, what I mean is this:

If my son had done this, I'd be calling that coach saying he's not starting my kid for an entire half or the whole game. No way is my kid gonna embarrass his family that way, he wasn't raised that way, and he knows punishement is warranted at times when he behaves like an idiot.

Not sure how rules would apply and the coach would probably do nothing cause it's a reverse Craig James situation but that call would be made and one way or another, my son would very well come to find out he wouldn't be getting away with acting like an ass.

All that said, that call would never happen because my son would've already found out how behavior and punishment tie in together and would understand the causation of his actions. Baker never has because his dad is apparently a pos too.

frogs9497

Look I dislike Mayfield as much as the next guy, but if Trevone did something similar we would have been agreeable with this punishment.

Maybe I missed it, but do we know what the punishment will be? Not starting, but does he come in after their 1st play?

The problem here is announcing a punishment, defending the behavior and extolling Baker’s greatness all in the same breath.

Purp

I actually respected Stoops.
You mean the guy who watch the Mixon video with the AD and president of the university and decided he only needed to be "suspended" for a year (read red shirted) rather than expelled and prosecuted? That Stoops? And Mixon wasn't the only one with substantial issues that Stoops chose to ignore.

Darn that guy. I'm still convinced his sudden retirement is somehow linked to some dirt someone had on him that would have come out had he not gone quietly into the night.

Dogfrog

I tell you what, and I'm not sure how the rules would apply and whatnot, but this would be one situation where I would've become Craig James. NOW BEFORE Y'ALL START YELLING, what I mean is this:

If my son had done this, I'd be calling that coach saying he's not starting my kid for an entire half or the whole game. No way is my kid gonna embarrass his family that way, he wasn't raised that way, and he knows punishement is warranted at times when he behaves like an idiot.

Not sure how rules would apply and the coach would probably do nothing cause it's a reverse Craig James situation but that call would be made and one way or another, my son would very well come to find out he wouldn't be getting away with acting like an ass.

All that said, that call would never happen because my son would've already found out how behavior and punishment tie in together and would understand the causation of his actions. Baker never has because his dad is apparently a pos too.

Agree with most of this in terms of child rearing but this situation is a little more complex because BM is not a minor so he and coach could tell his dad to kma especially since he has a decent payday forthcoming.

Pharm Frog

You mean the guy who watch the Mixon video with the AD and president of the university and decided he only needed to be "suspended" for a year (read red shirted) rather than expelled and prosecuted? That Stoops? And Mixon wasn't the only one with substantial issues that Stoops chose to ignore.

Darn that guy. I'm still convinced his sudden retirement is somehow linked to some dirt someone had on him that would have come out had he not gone quietly into the night.

And don't forget that Boren announced his retirement date earlier this semester.

LSU Game Attendee

I'd guess the Stoops retirement is legit, but agree that Big Game Bob has a fair amount of Art Briles in him. In addition to tolerating Joe Money Mixon's face smashing, Bob tried his hardest to import that girlfiend-beating all world reciever from Missouri- a page directly from the book of Briles.

Purp

It was weird that Stoops had such a sterling reputation. He created the culture that cultivated/permitted Mayfield’s [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. Stoops was the one that brought in Mixon. Lincoln Riley is just a new babysitter for the same human garbage OU culture. At least people see the program for what it is now.
And let's not pretend it was only recent stuff with Stoops either. Rhett Bomar takes the OU off-field shenanigans way back. Nobody got hurt in that deal, but it was far from innocent behavior and I'll never believe Stoops didn't know all about it.

MTfrog5

And don't forget that Boren announced his retirement date earlier this semester.
And that he said something along the lines of believing in second chances while the frat guys got kicked out on without a second chance. And no I don’t agree with what the frat guys did in anyway

OICU812

This worked out really well for TB in the long run. He has been clean as a whistle since he left.
Nice try at misdirection... It was never ABOUT what was "good for TB in the long run." (Although I defy you to say what would have been better for him) It was about what was best for the mother... darning... team, and university, in the long run. And how, may I ask, do you think THAT has turned out, hmmm? We had one of the most epic victories in school history, that's how. And Gary got to stand up in front of media, fans, OTHER COACHES, players, and recruits and their families, and say, "That's how you handle things." He has always tried to take the high road, and precisely for that reason, doesn't have to go crybaby in front of the cameras for how he handles his players.