• The KillerFrogs

scheiss Lincoln Riley

Raw Frog

Not sure if serious.

It’s a culmination of incidents. The guy is on video drunk and running from police officers in the off season. Let’s not act like he made one mistake.

He has a whole body of work to refer to. This year was gifted to him by the NCAA, and he has seemingly done something unbecoming almost every game.
The brat should be more grateful and thankful for his opportunity.

MAcFroggy

In response to him throwing balls at our players head: "Well, they deserved it...."

In response to his antics at Kansas: "Well, they deserved it...."

In response to his drunken fight with police in the offseason: "Well, kids are kids...."

Zero accountability.

Just because there was not a suspension does not mean there was no action taken...

Look at Kyle Hicks this offseason. He was arrested, and he was not suspended. I guarantee you there was some sort of punishment from Patterson or some sort of required actions to prevent a suspension.

As fans we only see most of these players on game days, so we always want punishment to be something that we see. Coaches have more options than just suspending players, and I am okay with them those utilizing various punishments.

Zubaz

He actually said, bleeping suck my bleeep very obvious to all who watched.
tenor.gif

Whatever. 15 yard unsportsmanlike had it been caught. Anything further than that is ridiculous.

Pharm Frog

Look I dislike Mayfield as much as the next guy, but if Trevone did something similar we would have been agreeable with this punishment.

False metaphor. If TB had done this it would have been his first offense at anything because CGP would have disciplined him appropriately. Secondly, don't include me in "we" because I would have been fully supportive of a one-game suspension. Completely supportive.

MAcFroggy

He has a whole body of work to refer to. This year was gifted to him by the NCAA, and he has seemingly done something unbecoming almost every game.
The brat should be more grateful and thankful for his opportunity.

His extra year has nothing to do with the NCAA. It was a big 12 rule that took away his year of eligibility; it had nothing to do with the NCAA.

jake102

False metaphor. If TB had done this it would have been his first offense at anything because CGP would have disciplined him appropriately. Secondly, don't include me in "we" because I would have been fully supportive of a one-game suspension. Completely supportive.

For the record, I probably don't think a full game suspension is necessary. First half would be fine.

MAcFroggy

And still a made up rule. Who gives a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] if it’s the NCAA or big 12 that made up the rule

I was responding to somebody that said "This year was gifted to him by the NCAA". There is a big difference between being granted an NCAA waiver, and a conference having a specific rule.

Pharm Frog

His extra year has nothing to do with the NCAA. It was a big 12 rule that took away his year of eligibility; it had nothing to do with the NCAA.

For the record the Big 12 rule did not take away anything from him. HE took it away from himself when he decided to transfer to another school. It was HIS decision that did it not the rule. The rule was not a secret.

MTfrog5

I was responding to somebody that said "This year was gifted to him by the NCAA". There is a big difference between being granted an NCAA waiver, and a conference having a specific rule.
A rule that has been in place and was known when he transferred “without OU knowing he was even on campus”. And a waiver is a waiver when it comes to eligibility. NCAA is always in discussions with conferences

Zubaz

And still a made up rule. Who gives a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] if it’s the NCAA or big 12 that made up the rule
Wasn't it overturned because 1) According to the NCAA rules, he could have still played in '17 as a grad transfer (just not in the Big 12), and 2) The Big 12 pretty much knew that there was no way it would stand up if Mayfield challenged it in court?

I can't remember how the whole thing went down but as I recall the Big 12's hands were pretty tied.