• The KillerFrogs

Official starter

FROG PARENTS 1961

Significantly? That's being rather melodramatic. Robinson was a 4* recruit out of high school, he has time working with the 1's all season, is quite mobile, and has an arm like a cannon. Not to mention he has Cumbie working on a gameplan that will put him in the best situation. We might actually see he test Tech's DB's downfield on Saturday which could really open things up for Hicks now that Morris is back.

Have faith.
Look out for Kenedy Snell this week!

DaCrief

The difference tomorrow will be the over the top passes. I think we hit a couple of big ones tomorrow when tech falls asleep after 15 bubble screens. Also, i expect those deep shots to be a little more accurate.

Moose Stuff

Yep. From what I've seen of Brewer I've been impressed. Obviously the o-line he's playing behind is below average and they have no running game, but he can make plays. A couple of those turnovers were just mishandling the ball type stuff, not making bad reads and just looking like he had no clue out there.

Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. I expect SR to play pretty well.

Derailing the thread a bit here but yes, he’s gonna be a good player for Baylor for the next 3 years.

MTfrog5

40 second mark... I'm in.

I went and watched him play Southlake last year in the playoffs. At the 5:10 mark he makes a throw that was one of the impressive throws I’ve seen at any level. The video doesn’t do it justice as it was a frozen rope 40 yards straight into a good 25 mph wind. That game had similar conditions to what it sounds like they are expecting at Tech. He spins the ball so well I don’t think wind and cold will have the same effect on him as other QB’s.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I went and watched him play Southlake last year in the playoffs. At the 5:10 mark he makes a throw that was one of the impressive throws I’ve seen at any level. The video doesn’t do it justice as it was a frozen rope 40 yards straight into a good 25 mph wind. That game had similar conditions to what it sounds like they are expecting at Tech. He spins the ball so well I don’t think wind and cold will have the same effect on him as other QB’s.
Which way does he spin it though? There has been a lot of concern on here that Hill spins the ball the wrong direction so WRs have trouble catching it.

Moose Stuff

The last throw of the video against Steele.

tcumaniac

Tech buddy who has season tickets says they’re BEGGING people to come to the game. Going as far as giving away a free car as an enticement.

I'd be curious to know how many of Tech's regularly attending fans travel from DFW or other parts of Texas more than a few hours away from Lubbock. I imagine it'd be hard to justify going all the way out to Lubbock for an 11am game to watch a bad team... especially considering some people may have travel plans a few days later for thanksgiving.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I don't disagree with anything you are saying and am very excited to see him play. That being said more often than not when starting a true freshman QB you get the good with the bad, given the stage I'm just expecting more bad than good which is to be expected.
Fair enough, but all Frog fans have been looking at Hill with a similar critical eye all season given his tendencies to make back foot throws, not going through progressions, forcing passes, etc. I just think that Robinson isn't as green and the situation isn't as cut and dry as "starting a true freshmen." He's a great kid with a great arm and he has had plenty of time to learn the playbook and work out with the starters. If Anderson was still running the offense I might join you in your pessimism, but with Cumbie there to coach him along I think we'll be pleasantly surprised by Robinson's play on Saturday.

Moose Stuff

I'd be curious to know how many of Tech's regularly attending fans travel from DFW or other parts of Texas more than a few hours away from Lubbock. I imagine it'd be hard to justify going all the way out to Lubbock for an 11am game to watch a bad team... especially considering some people may have travel plans a few days later for thanksgiving.

This is EXACTLY the problem. Throw in a bunch of season ticket holders who have had enough of KK and you’ve got lots of empty seats. And that’s not even addressing the wind chills which are gonna be COLD.