• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Why ESPN’s ‘GameDay’ passed on TCU at Oklahoma State

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: Why ESPN’s ‘GameDay’ passed on TCU at Oklahoma State

BY BIG STEAMING PILE
tengel@star-telegram.com

The question ranks among the dumbest ever pondered: Why would you choose to go to New York City over Stillwater, Oklahoma?

Have you not been to the Granny Pot, Eskimo Joe’s, toured the National Wrestling Hall of Fame or walked around Boomer Lake Park in scenic Stillwater?

All of the above easily competes, and/or trumps, the two or three sights, attractions and restaurants in New York City.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...-big-mac-blog/article174575751.html#wgt=blogs

Double V

"Either Athens, Ga., or Stillwater, Okla., would have been a better selection than NYC, but sports TV executives simply can’t quit Manhattan. They are just sure they can penetrate the biggest, most saturated, entertainment market in the world.

They can’t."

Says it should have been Stillwater.

Nick Danger

Next thing you know, they'll be setting up the stage and hosting Game Day on the Champs-Élysées , under the Arc de Triomphe in Paris! :confused:

ifrog

I kinda like that they did not go to this game.

No need to hype up OSU and their fans more than they already are.

It's also an early game, the loser isn't necessarily out of the conference championship game.

Exactly. This works to our benefit. We don't need the extra pressure, it will already be a hostile environment.

NYCfrog

Let me preface this by saying that I currently live in New York and yes, Gameday should have gone to Stillwater.

But I don't think this is as awful an idea as people are making it out to be. While New York as a whole doesnt care about college football, there are tons of transplants here, and you can find a bar to watch almost any school's game. If a fraction of those people show up, the set will be packed. And it might be interesting to see fans of so many different schools - there's certainly more material for signs to work with.

Now watch the audience only be tourists who saw cameras while walking through Times Square.

f_399

I don't think OSU wanted them as well.

Someone mentioned we have a better winning record playing with CGD then they do.

Is this true:

"Good! Call me superstitious, but oSu is 1-6 in GameDay appearances, and TCU is 5-0. "

Pharm Frog

Let me preface this by saying that I currently live in New York and yes, Gameday should have gone to Stillwater.

But I don't think this is as awful an idea as people are making it out to be. While New York as a whole doesnt care about college football, there are tons of transplants here, and you can find a bar to watch almost any school's game. If a fraction of those people show up, the set will be packed. And it might be interesting to see fans of so many different schools - there's certainly more material for signs to work with.

Now watch the audience only be tourists who saw cameras while walking through Times Square.

Wait...you live in New York?