• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Who’s watching TCU end zone celebrations? Gary Patterson, from start to finish

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU

FWST: Who’s watching TCU end zone celebrations? Gary Patterson, from start to finish

BY CARLOS MENDEZ
cmendez@star-telegram.com

Gary Patterson is judging the celebrations of TCU players after they score.

But the head coach is not giving out awards for creativity.

He wants exuberance shown properly or not at all.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article173316456.html

P

purplePPO

I'm good with Coach P doing this. Teams are punished for individual celebrations by the referees. Take it to the sidlines!. Go Frogs!

netty2424

First it's TD celebrations. Next thing you know you have darners dancing on the sidelines before kickoffs and dunking on Fisher Price basketball goals.
Patterson will never run a Briles-like program. And you don't have to to have some fun. Doesn't have to be so extreme.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Coaches have to worry about injuries too, for example Sewo after his first TD last week could have torn his knee after chest bumping, looked bad when he hit the ground, GP is right to manage this closely

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Darrell Royal said it best. When one of his players had a break dance moment in the end zone, he told the kid, "if you ever get there again, act like you've been there before." I'm sure LT had fun scoring touchdowns even though he handed the ball to the refs and trotted back to the bench.

Wexahu

Coaches have to worry about injuries too, for example Sewo after his first TD last week could have torn his knee after chest bumping, looked bad when he hit the ground, GP is right to manage this closely

And I don't know how many people saw it, but against JSU after Porter's TD someone (maybe Porter himself) and KH did one of those chest bumping things and I swear KH jumped as high as he could, and he came down very awkwardly. As I watched it I'm just saying how can these coaches allow that, you're basically begging for an injury.

Can you imagine our season pretty much going down the drain in the first game over someone celebrating a TD against Jackson State?

One of these times a kid is going to get hurt doing that, it's only a matter of when.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
TCU

BY CARLOS MENDEZ
cmendez@star-telegram.com

Gary Patterson is judging the celebrations of TCU players after they score.

But the head coach is not giving out awards for creativity.

He wants exuberance shown properly or not at all.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article173316456.html

That could be the dumbest article ever written!
Really? Cannot find anything more intelligent to write about?!

jake102

And I don't know how many people saw it, but against JSU after Porter's TD someone (maybe Porter himself) and KH did one of those chest bumping things and I swear KH jumped as high as he could, and he came down very awkwardly. As I watched it I'm just saying how can these coaches allow that, you're basically begging for an injury.

Can you imagine our season pretty much going down the drain in the first game over someone celebrating a TD against Jackson State?

One of these times a kid is going to get hurt doing that, it's only a matter of when.

There was the NFL kicker a few years ago who busted his ACL celebrating a kick

SwissArmyFrog

...KH jumped as high as he could, and he came down very awkwardly. As I watched it I'm just saying how can these coaches allow that, you're basically begging for an injury...

Sewo had a moment like that vs. Arkansas.

SwissArmyFrog

First thing the crossed my mind when BM did the flag stuff vs. OSU was, "What would Gary have done?" It would not have been pretty. Then again, I don't think BM would have made it to the center of the field :)

Latest posts