• The KillerFrogs

ZONE D PLEASE!

Pharm Frog

Raw Frog said:
Look at what OSU did to our receivers all day. They jammed us at the line. It threw the timing between the QB and WRs off. Why we are not doing that is beyond me. We need to, or OU and BU will get ugly.

We tried to jam a lot. We whiffed. A lot.

arlington

Pharm thats another great point..Our corners are SOOO bad that they cant even tackle a receiver when they are beat..My goodness if it means giving up a 60 yard td just take the receiver down and get the penalty!

Wog68 said:
It may be time to hire a real defensive coordinator who is in tune with the spread.  Gary, for all his history, is NOT that guy.  He, however, may not be able to be a hands-off head coach.

Wow, I get being disappointed but don't let it make you stupid too.

FrogSwagSurfin

Smooth42 said:
Everyone knows our weakness except GP. These corners cannot man up. Period. Change the defense.
I agree. It takes almost a full year to get his system down and it is so frustrating watching one corner [ Finebaum ] the bed for a whole year because we leave them alone.

# of tackles for Orr and O'Meally: ZERO, yes 0. That is terrible boys

FrogSwagSurfin

Frogs1983 said:
I love me some HCGP, but I also cannot understand why there have been no apparent scheme /coverage changes on Defense all year long, with the number of key losses they've had to contend with. If I had a dollar for every receiver I've had to watch run by our secondary this year, I could have a hell of a dinner at Del Frisco's.
Can't I bring my wife and her 70 cousins in Arkansas too?

FrogSwagSurfin

Frogs On A Plane said:
Do what? The guy has consistently put one of the best defenses on the field year after year. Good grief.
Obviously but when our corners are bad it embarrasses the whole defense. There has to be a tweak to stop the bleeding in games like these.

Frostie

Wog68 said:
It may be time to hire a real defensive coordinator who is in tune with the spread.  Gary, for all his history, is NOT that guy.  He, however, may not be able to be a hands-off head coach.
Dude, you just went full dumb arse! We exist because of Gary and his ability to see anomalies in offenses. I realize we have two months left in the year, but no one is going to top this for dumbest post of the year.  Let me be first Wog68 to congratulate you on winning the dumbest post of the year!!! Seriously this is change your handle stupid!

FrogSwagSurfin

Frostie said:
Dude, you just went full dumb arse! We exist because of Gary and his ability to see anomalies in offenses. I realize we have two months left in the year, but no one is going to top this for dumbest post of the year.  Let me be first Wog68 to congratulate you on winning the dumbest post of the year!!! Seriously this is change your handle stupid!
There is a bit of truth to his point. When our defense gets exposed we give up a ton of points. A tweak would really help, maybe zone if our CBs can't handle man coverage.

Horny4TCU

Surprised our adjustments at half did't help us win... We need to change something, but we might be heading to the zone for Baylor.

French Frog

Raw Frog said:
Look at what OSU did to our receivers all day. They jammed us at the line. It threw the timing between the QB and WRs off. Why we are not doing that is beyond me. We need to, or OU and BU will get ugly.

It's simple really.  They jam (mug) our receivers the refs let it go.  We jam, hinder, molest, impede, make contact with, grab, push, pull, trip, run into, brush up against, touch or in any way appear to be interfering with any other teams receivers and the BIG 12 refs will toss the laundry.

Horny4TCU

French Frog said:

It's simple really.  They jam (mug) our receivers the refs let it go.  We jam, hinder, molest, impede, make contact with, grab, push, pull, trip, run into, brush up against, touch or in any way appear to be interfering with any other teams receivers and the BIG 12 refs will toss the laundry.
Yup. The story of the season. This one and last.

Smooth42

Can't really go full ref mode on this one. He sees the kids every day at practice. He knows their decencies. I know every now and then you get a verret that has a light bulb go off but 95% of guys who have a problem covering the deep ball never get it straightened out.

jake102

We need to make adjustments when we play teams with a real QB and real WRs. Patterson is getting out coached in the first half of all these games.

Unless we have guys like Verrett, which is probably once every ten years, we can't leave them alone on an island

Wog68 said:
Good grief. You mean the guy who had the #1 defense in the conference against primarily spread offenses in 2012, 2013 and 2014?

Tyrone Johnson

Besides the one ball on Mosley which he still had pretty good coverage, I think he played a good game. Even the best get one caught on them every now and again

Big12Fan

I think Gary believes too much in his scheme. The WR pattern/route matching is great but it is very nuanced. It is not great for a young team. Experience players can handle it but the young players are subject to the double moves and different route combos that are trouble for this defense. 

But i am most likely just talking. We have no idea what all GP is calling and what he sees in practice and what his young men are capable of. But in my novice opinion, some basic cover 3s & 4s mixed in couldnt hurt... could they?

BABYFACE

Wog68 said:
Wow! Are you for real? GP is not perfect but good God man.

I do wish GP would provide more help to his corners but his defense is not designed that way. Due to injuries and youth, it is just one of those few seasons that is what it is. GP hasn't lost his touch, you just haven't been paying attention the last 18 years.