• The KillerFrogs

ZONE D PLEASE!

Wog68

It may be time to hire a real defensive coordinator who is in tune with the spread.  Gary, for all his history, is NOT that guy.  He, however, may not be able to be a hands-off head coach.

Frogs1983

I love me some HCGP, but I also cannot understand why there have been no apparent scheme /coverage changes on Defense all year long, with the number of key losses they've had to contend with. If I had a dollar for every receiver I've had to watch run by our secondary this year, I could have a hell of a dinner at Del Frisco's.

TCUWIN

In all seriousness, 3-2-6 is unlikely. We couldn't stop teams from running the ball if that's the case. All the teams with QBs that can run a little would look like Fournette. 

frogetaboutit

We lost to a team that played lights out for 4 quarters and whose coaches outschemed ours. We also lost almost a third of our offense to injury. A little more going on than corners getting beat. Congrats to OSU. Loss hurts but perspective much?

Raw Frog

Look at what OSU did to our receivers all day. They jammed us at the line. It threw the timing between the QB and WRs off. Why we are not doing that is beyond me. We need to, or OU and BU will get ugly.

jake102

Moose Stuff said:
Wow. So now we've got talking heads calling out a coach for defending his players??? What a (mating between Steel & 2314) arrogant Bill Maher.
Anyone who still doesn't beleieve that espn hates TCU is lost

bscttyb

Jake102 said:
Anyone who still doesn't beleieve that espn hates TCU is lost

So true, scheissing Danny Kanell, tweeted that OSU had a great win and welcome to the playoff discussion, when all season long he has been saying TCU is not that good of a team... I wish I could stop watching ESPN but I can't.  

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Wog68 said:
It may be time to hire a real defensive coordinator who is in tune with the spread.  Gary, for all his history, is NOT that guy.  He, however, may not be able to be a hands-off head coach.
Do what? The guy has consistently put one of the best defenses on the field year after year. Good grief.

STL Frog

Moose Stuff said:
Wow. So now we've got talking heads calling out a coach for defending his players??? What a (mating between Steel & 2314) arrogant Bill Maher.
Yep.  Another ESPN pundit going out of his way to tweet something like that is classless bulls hit.

Froggy Style

TCUWIN said:
In all seriousness, 3-2-6 is unlikely. We couldn't stop teams from running the ball if that's the case. All the teams with QBs that can run a little would look like Fournette. 
You're right. I'm sorry. Let the 60 yd tds commence

arlington

Great post. Gary is being downright stubborn right now. If you don't have corners who can play man press stop doing it!!!! It's absolutely demoralizing to a defense to give up so many bombs weekly.. Poor defensively line hit Rudolph as soon as he let the ball go on first 2 scores and we still allow receivers over the top.. And part of being a db is knowing down and distance and using that knowledge efficiently..falling for a 5 yard hitch and go on 3rd and 13 CANT HAPPEN!!! Allowing a receiver to break your cushion and score on a go route on 3rd and 18 CANT EVER HAPPEN!!! Inexcusable!! Either dumb players or poor coaching or a combo of both .. We gave up 4 TD passes on 2nd/3rd and 10 or more????