• The KillerFrogs

Zero free throw attempts

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
* TCU did not attempt a free throw. The Frogs became the third team this season to not attempt a free throw, joining Virginia against Wisconsin on Nov. 27 and Northern Iowa vs. Villanova on Nov. 24.

* TCU became the second team in Big 12 history with zero free thorw attempts in a game. Colorado had none on Feb. 23, 2008 at Missouri.

* It is the first time TCU has not attempted a free throw since prior to the 1996-97 season, which is as far as STATS Research dates back to.

That is unbelievable as are the three-point bombs opponents drop on us.

Tom Brown

To add more color, we took 40 shots that were inside three, scored 40 points in the paint, so we took roughly 32-33 shots in the paint. And werent fouled once while shooting.

Eight

9 total free throws in the entire game. can't recall watching a college game with 9 total free throws and to not take 1 free throw is crazy when you look at how many shots were taken inside the arc

looked like a split crew and a couple of articles of interest about 2 of the officials

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2017/1/7...ted-uk-strength-coach-rob-harris-win-arkansas

https://www.bannersontheparkway.com/2015/2/25/8107469/whats-wrong-with-the-officiating

mix that with little depth and a poor defensive effort and the result is an ugly loss

LisaLT

Having watched the game, neither team played much defense, so I guess this is believable. Turnovers made the difference, IMO.

Eight

Having watched the game, neither team played much defense, so I guess this is believable. Turnovers made the difference, IMO.

it looked a great deal like an aau game at times, but i still don't understand how the frogs can take that many shots inside the arc and there wasn't even enough accidental contact to merit 1 free throw?

LisaLT

it looked a great deal like an aau game at times, but i still don't understand how the frogs can take that many shots inside the arc and there wasn't even enough accidental contact to merit 1 free throw?
Yea I agree. Seems odd.

CountryFrog

This is an indicator of our work ethic. We do not believe in free stuff. We earn ours....Not saying I agree with this strategy.
I'm not going along with this line of thinking since we've had plenty of games this year with a good number of free throw attempts.

Pharm Frog

Well it definitely wasn't rebounds, because we out-rebounded them by a large margin.

We did but I think they actually outscored us by quite a bit on second chance points....go figure. When you play defense like we do, any offensive rebound is deadly.