• The KillerFrogs

Zaycoven Henderson flipping to Texas?

tcuseagull

It's pretty obvious Mack and UT are poaching TCU's class to send a message. At first I thought it was just Porter, but after Shaw and Henderson, it's flagrant. They know we are a threat in DFW and East Texas. I expect GP and Co. to take off the punching gloves now. That TCU vs. UT game is personal.

frognutz

tcuseagull said:
It's pretty obvious Mack and UT are poaching TCU's class to send a message. At first I thought it was just Porter, but after Shaw and Henderson, it's flagrant. They know we are a threat in DFW and East Texas. I expect GP and Co. to take off the punching gloves now. That TCU vs. UT game is personal.
Just glad kids like him recognize whats going on in Forth Worth. Even if he ends up some place else TCU fans knows and HS players know who is trending. 10 steps forward and one step sideways.

FBallFan123

pgdaly84 said:
Jeremy Clark from Scout confirms that he's decommitted. Only way we're gonna keep these kids is to win. We can make all the excuses we want, but we haven't delivered on the field since we joined the Big 12. Right now our results back up the claim "They only won because they were in a weak conference." Hopefully, we can turn that around this season. Also, I wonder what the coaches need to adjust in their approach to keep commits staying committed.

Or that the Fiesta and Rose Bowl teams were exceptional, and that a program that loses a lot of talent to graduation and the NFL may take a short-term step back.

The team that TCU had the season after the Rose Bowl wasn't good enough to do what the teams prior to it did.  Had nothing to do with the conference it was in, it had to do with the changes to the team.

Texas took a step back the BCS Championship team lost to Alabama.  Had nothing to do with the conference, it had to do with, among other things, players leaving the team (like Colt McCoy, whom they replaced with Garrett Gilbert).

FBallFan123

Decided to check back ont he Shaggy thread, someone posted a March 31 twitter conversation involving what appears to me to be two characters from Seinfeld.

Kinda funny...

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/114661-Texas-recruiting-notes-2014-edition/page73

Zaycoven Henderson ‏@Zaycoven 31 Mar
Hope my boy don't go to UT because they already have enough players to have a full roster for the next 5 years ridiculous smh UT

Reefer Madness ‏@TimWhatley_DDS 31 Mar
@Zaycoven you mad?

@ArtCorveIay about what Texas no they get all the talent in the world and just waste it ruin athletes

@Zaycoven More than twice as many players in The League as TCU has.

@ArtCorveIay and that doesn't mean a thing
TCU has more than twice the athletes with they college degree too do you research

@Zaycoven What does that matter? You said "Texas ruins athletes". I am telling you that only USC and Miami have more athletes in the NFL.

@ArtCorveIay what about there degree what happens when they career comes to a stand still they just gone sit and wait I don't think so

asleep003

Real final decisions will be made during Bowl Season.

Though young, most these kids will eventually realize the importance of playing for a team that turns 3* HS athletes into 4/5* players ... rather than going to Austin, where 4/5* HS school athletes turn into  3* players, at the next Level.

Cheers !

frognutz

What happened? With this guy? He's really mad at someone?

@lobo5540: I'm tired of all the fakers

@lobo5540: 0⃣ is the amount of trust I have in people right now

@lobo5540: To settle all rumors I have decommitted from Texas Christian University and opening up my recruitment

frognutz

@lobo5540: Going to take my visits then ill make my decision from that

@lobo5540: Florida

@lobo5540: Ole Miss

@lobo5540: Texas

@lobo5540: Well ill choose two more from my many offers

@lobo5540: Almost left out Baylor

BAM Frog

Mistletoad said:
Real final decisions will be made during Bowl Season.

Though young, most these kids will eventually realize the importance of playing for a team that turns 3* HS athletes into 4/5* players ... rather than going to Austin, where 4/5* HS school athletes turn into  3* players, at the next Level.

Cheers !
IMO we need to revise this way of thinking.  While this has been the case over the last 15 years we are not just getting 2 and 3* recruits anymore.  We have multiple 4* recruits committed and are in a strong position with a couple of 5* players.  If I am a 5* recruit why do I want to go and play with a bunch of 2 and 3* recruits who might be able to one day play up to my level?  We are getting better talent and the next several years will go a long way to revising this initial statement.  We continue to put more and more players into the NFL.  I am excited to see where GP and staff can take these higher caliber recruits.  
As for the Austin part of the statement, I cannot argue with you there...

Moose Stuff

itsalizard said:
He seemed mad though.
Just a guess but maybe he's mad at the people who broke the story before he wanted them to. I think any kid who commits to a school before exploring all his options is crazy, so I applaud the kid for stepping back and taking the time to get it right. I'm happy we're still in the mix and hopeful he sticks in the end. Anybody that has anything bad to say about this kid is pathetic.

frognutz

BAM Frog said:
IMO we need to revise this way of thinking.  While this has been the case over the last 15 years we are not just getting 2 and 3* recruits anymore.  We have multiple 4* recruits committed and are in a strong position with a couple of 5* players.  If I am a 5* recruit why do I want to go and play with a bunch of 2 and 3* recruits who might be able to one day play up to my level?  We are getting better talent and the next several years will go a long way to revising this initial statement.  We continue to put more and more players into the NFL.  I am excited to see where GP and staff can take these higher caliber recruits.  
As for the Austin part of the statement, I cannot argue with you there...
And maybe treat your4* players a little better by not batting them around like a beach ball in the media in regards to playing time in a gigantic game in their hometown?

My Buddy Steve

We're still in it. What Shaggyheads want is to have us turn on a kid that is simply taking his trips. Won't happen. I'm comfortable about how the season will unfold and then everything will follow. Maybe it's best for some grown men that follow recruiting here to take a deep breath and realize that we are doing great and winning some battles here.