• The KillerFrogs

Zarnell Fitch the rock star?

Limp Lizard

In yesterday's press conference GP called Zarnell Fitch a "rock star"!  Meaning the players really like him?  Did not hear the question.  Can anybody elucidate, please?

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
Big Z is a very personable guy. I used to officiate him in intramural basketball and he would make me laugh nearly every game.

Chico Dusty

Frog45 said:
Big Z is a very personable guy. I used to officiate him in intramural basketball and he would make me laugh nearly every game.
Without a doubt! I've shared this story here, but here we go...

We battled the football players a lot on intramural court. One game, deep in the playoffs, my best bud was guarding Z on the low post. The pass went in to Big Z. He absolutely dominated my buddy with a classic drop step, clear out layup. After the shot, Big Z shouts, "that's 315 getting off the ground right there!" My buddy just looks over at me with this look like how the hell am I supposed to stop that. Oh good times. It's a cult story in our group of friends and will never be forgotten. So yeah, Z is a great dude with an infectious personality.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
RollToad said:
He moonlights in a 80s hair metal cover band.

tumblr_mslql1zNKC1sqv808o1_500.gif

FBallFan123

Fitch seemed to be a workhorse on the recruiting trail...and that seems to have paid off with the tremendous haul of DT's in the class with Bethley, Ellis III and Tu'ua.

Must be a real asset to have a young coach out there on recruiting with energy and enthusiasm that can talk about playing at TCU, playing for Patterson, and also playing in the NFL.

Young and Horned

Frog45 said:
You! You cost me the men's basketball championship and T'd me up. You son of a

Bob

Chico Dusty said:

We battled the football players a lot on intramural court. One game, deep in the playoffs, my best bud was guarding Z on the low post. The pass went in to Big Z. He absolutely dominated my buddy with a classic drop step, clear out layup. After the shot, Big Z shouts, "that's 315 getting off the ground right there!" My buddy just looks over at me with this look like how the hell am I supposed to stop that. Oh good times. It's a cult story in our group of friends and will never be forgotten. So yeah, Z is a great dude with an infectious personality.
You stop that by pulling his shorts down.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
Chico Dusty said:

Probably officiated you too. Who did you play with?

Chico Dusty

Frog45 said:
Probably officiated you too. Who did you play with?
I'm sure you did -- and I'm sure I'd recognize you. I was a regular on the pick up scene from 02-06. We made it to the championship twice I think. One year we lost to the MBA squad with that guard that could pull from anywhere and that huge blonde hair center that was a bull. I think the other we lost to the football team. We were a mixed bag consisting of a few lambda chi, sae, a few rogues. We had depreist one year.