• The KillerFrogs

Zach Evans…

RebelFrog

I am aware of a pretty concerted effort to get him to Ole Miss. with Rebs leading RB electing to leave after this season, it would be a decent move for him, and he’d be an immediate upgrade to the Rebs backfield. I wouldn’t be shocked if he landed in Oxford.

tcudoc

Having him on the team is like having a Ferrari that you keep in the garage and only bring out a few times a year to impress your friends. Then you use your Toyota Camry as your daily driver. Everyone thinks it’s really cool that you have a Ferrari but it doesn’t help you get the daily work done (back and forth to work, picking up the kids, running errands, etc) and never will.
What we really need is a couple of Corvettes. Fast enough to get the job accomplished but not so pricey and rare that you leave it parked in the garage all of the time, gathering dust. If you have a Ferrari, you likely aren’t going to be able to sign (afford) very many Corvettes on your roster either. So it hurts in other ways. As mentioned, if you have the one person (the Ferrari, in this example) sucking up all of the NIL money and playing half of the time in only half of the games (literally 1/4 of the season when it’s all said and done), that kills team morale.
It will be interesting to see where the Ferrari is ten years from now. Eventually, the show ponies have to prove their worth and put in the work to win games or they are of no real value except to the hard core collectors with expendable money.

McFroggin

Having him on the team is like having a Ferrari that you keep in the garage and only bring out a few times a year to impress your friends. Then you use your Toyota Camry as your daily driver. Everyone thinks it’s really cool that you have a Ferrari but it doesn’t help you get the daily work done (back and forth to work, picking up the kids, running errands, etc) and never will.
What we really need is a couple of Corvettes. Fast enough to get the job accomplished but not so pricey and rare that you leave it parked in the garage all of the time, gathering dust. If you have a Ferrari, you likely aren’t going to be able to sign (afford) very many Corvettes on your roster either. So it hurts in other ways. As mentioned, if you have the one person (the Ferrari, in this example) sucking up all of the NIL money and playing half of the time in only half of the games (literally 1/4 of the season when it’s all said and done), that kills team morale.
It will be interesting to see where the Ferrari is ten years from now. Eventually, the show ponies have to prove their worth and put in the work to win games or they are of no real value except to the hard core collectors with expendable money.

More like an Antonio Brown. He is an elite athlete that can change the game when he wants too and staff can keep him focused. The thing that keeps him from being the best is himself.

netty2424

I am aware of a pretty concerted effort to get him to Ole Miss. with Rebs leading RB electing to leave after this season, it would be a decent move for him, and he’d be an immediate upgrade to the Rebs backfield. I wouldn’t be shocked if he landed in Oxford.
He would be a decent upgrade to almost every backfield in the country. Assuming he plays, consistently.

Wexahu

Speaking of, what did he do today? Quit during the game?
Had a meltdown. Again.

Apparently got benched or something and decided to leave the field and take off all his pads and equipment and throw it in the stands on the way out. Didn’t see it but that’s what I was told.

FrogCop19

More like an Antonio Brown. He is an elite athlete that can change the game when he wants too and staff can keep him focused. The thing that keeps him from being the best is himself.
"When he wants to" is a VERY important phrase here...and I guess he didn't feel like it today. He tore off his shoulder pads, undershirt, and gloves before throwing them into the stands and running across the field and giving the Jets crowd a "peace-out" hand motion.

Mental health is a serious thing.

HornyWartyToad

Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 3.44.39 PM.png

Wexahu

"When he wants to" is a VERY important phrase here...and I guess he didn't feel like it today. He tore off his shoulder pads, undershirt, and gloves before throwing them into the stands and running across the field and giving the Jets crowd a "peace-out" hand motion.

Mental health is a serious thing.
Yea it is, but also lots of enablers early on in the process looking the other way. Because he’s really good of course.

netty2424

Had a meltdown. Again.

Apparently got benched or something and decided to leave the field and take off all his pads and equipment and throw it in the stands on the way out. Didn’t see it but that’s what I was told.
I saw it on tv but the volume was down where we were at. He literally ran off the field with no shirt on throwing up the peace sign.

That dude needs a mental evaluation.

netty2424

He is done. Brady had to convince the League he would take him in. AB just sealed his fate.
Not to compare a high school athlete with AB, but grew up with a kid that was just an exceptional athlete. Dominated every sport he played, just really gifted. Would’ve been a multi-sport D1 athlete.

He just couldn’t get out of his own way. Real world just didn’t click with him. Beat to his own drum. No self discipline, just showed up when he wanted, disappeared the rest of the time, refused to turn in homework so he was always kicked off the team every six weeks for failing.

Had wonderful parents too. They really cared, he just didn’t. Or couldn’t, for some reason, get it together.

Wexahu

Not to compare a high school athlete with AB, but grew up with a kid that was just an exceptional athlete. Dominated every sport he played, just really gifted. Would’ve been a multi-sport D1 athlete.

He just couldn’t get out of his own way. Real world just didn’t click with him. Beat to his own drum. No self discipline, just showed up when he wanted, disappeared the rest of the time, refused to turn in homework so he was always kicked off the team every six weeks for failing.

Had wonderful parents too. They really cared, he just didn’t. Or couldn’t, for some reason, get it together.
I think some of the time, and maybe a lot of time, in cases like that it’s guys that deep down are scared as [ Finebaum ] of the responsibility and attention that comes from being really good at something. Scared of success I guess you would say.

netty2424

I think some of the time, and maybe a lot of time, in cases like that it’s guys that deep down are scared as [ #2020 ] of the responsibility and attention that comes from being really good at something. Scared of success I guess you would say.
It’s certainly possible. There were definitely some wires crossed.

Sangria Wine

I think some of the time, and maybe a lot of time, in cases like that it’s guys that deep down are scared as [ #2020 ] of the responsibility and attention that comes from being really good at something. Scared of success I guess you would say.
I’ve always believed that it’s generally harder for most people to deal with prosperity than it is with adversity. Adversity causes a response of digging down to prove people wrong, figure it out, survive, etc. Prosperity provides none of those opportunities to reach within for something greater to help guide your decisions.

82 Frog Fever

So literally everyone should‘ve been able to offer their opinion on who they wanted as as the next TCU coach besides the people that are actually being coached? Solid take.
The only person directly connected to TCU’s program that was making public statements as to who the next coach should be was Zach Evans.

OICU812

Oh that’s nothing. Remember those games Andy Dalton, Aaron Green, Josh Doctson, Sam Carter and Derrick Kindred missed for violating team rules? Happens all the time
“Yeah you definitely, can NOT have a team that’s good at footballing if there are any RBs who don’t follow all the rules, all the time.”

Sincerely,

Sewo