• The KillerFrogs

Zach Evans…

asleep003

Having him on the team is like having a Ferrari that you keep in the garage and only bring out a few times a year to impress your friends. Then you use your Toyota Camry as your daily driver. Everyone thinks it’s really cool that you have a Ferrari but it doesn’t help you get the daily work done (back and forth to work, picking up the kids, running errands, etc) and never will.
Not just the Garage, they also require a lot of time in the Shop, if you intend normal use, for repairs and above normal tune ups!!

Pinkyfrog

I truly don't understand the vitriol here against Zach Evans, the kid is supremely talented and has the potential to make millions if he stays active and healthy. People ragging on him for playing on snap counts or looking to move to another team that would work better for him I feel are just selfish.

There have been thousands of future NFL careers cut short by injuries and those that didn't exist due to injuries, and there have been thousands of players who likely would be in a better place had they been on a different team with different opportunities (how many of our players do you think the NFL overlooked because they wern't playing on NFL scouts televisions every week?).

I'm personally not going to say to a guy "you need to sacrifice your body, and stay with us because I want to watch you play, also I won't pay you, and you might lose millions of dollars, but I want you to play for me to watch anyways" that just seems selfish. Every player needs to be looking out for what is best for them professionally and physically and if they don't feel they don't get it here they should go somewhere they do think they'll succeed.

FrogBall09

I truly don't understand the vitriol here against Zach Evans, the kid is supremely talented and has the potential to make millions if he stays active and healthy. People ragging on him for playing on snap counts or looking to move to another team that would work better for him I feel are just selfish.

There have been thousands of future NFL careers cut short by injuries and those that didn't exist due to injuries, and there have been thousands of players who likely would be in a better place had they been on a different team with different opportunities (how many of our players do you think the NFL overlooked because they wern't playing on NFL scouts televisions every week?).

I'm personally not going to say to a guy "you need to sacrifice your body, and stay with us because I want to watch you play, also I won't pay you, and you might lose millions of dollars, but I want you to play for me to watch anyways" that just seems selfish. Every player needs to be looking out for what is best for them professionally and physically and if they don't feel they don't get it here they should go somewhere they do think they'll succeed.
And there have been hundreds of guys that were “destined to make millions” that never turned bout to worth a crap in the League….including a bunch of Heisman winners

Zach has to do what he thinks best but that doesn’t mean he is worth the money or good for the overall team performance when you can’t rely on him if you really need him - so just like he should look out for himself, teams should do the same

Could be the next LT but no one will ever know

McFroggin

Show me a single successful back in the league that averages under 14 touches per game in college because he doesn’t want the ball more. Big red flag.

Add in already getting suspensions and getting out performed by another RB his same year.

The kid has a lot of potential, but I don’t think he wants to obtain it.

Wexahu

I am not ragging on him nearly as much as I'm saying I honestly couldn't care less what he does, because I don't. The kid should do what he thinks he needs to do. If I were in the coaches or donors shoes, I'd say good luck to the young man and move on, and for sure avoid a bidding war, because I don't think doing his best for the team he plays for is really that important to him.

Is that fair?

froginmn

I am not ragging on him nearly as much as I'm saying I honestly couldn't care less what he does, because I don't. The kid should do what he thinks he needs to do. If I were in the coaches or donors shoes, I'd say good luck to the young man and move on, and for sure avoid a bidding war, because I don't think doing his best for the team he plays for is really that important to him.

Is that fair?
I think this will be the new/old key when it comes to acquiring talent. You want to maximize ROI which used to be (theoretically) about the time invested in recruiting and teaching a kid and will now have the added monetary ROI.

The reason I think this whole thing is headed toward a cliff is that you will likely have donors giving money directly to a kid and giving less to the school. When those "direct" investments don't pan out, will the donors go after the kid? The coach? The school?

Fixing to be a mess IMO.