• The KillerFrogs

Zach Evans…

AroundWorldFrog

You’re confusing animosity and hate with mostly indifference.
Weird way to express indifference. You've made some rather lengthy posts both here and 247 expressing your desire for him to leave and not come back. But whatever.

I'm not ambiguous. I understand he's a 19 year old kid that is probably being pulled 100 different ways. I wish him the best, but sincerely hope he stays at TCU.

Palliative Care

I will not take any of these player's decisions to stay or leave personally and probably yes the factors that influences their choices are beyond me to know. To be this young and having so much money being literally held out as bait must be mind blowing. Time will eventually tell them if they made good or bad choices.

To me I am beyond caring about the whole thing. I welcome those who stay or come and I wish well those who do not. Each year it will be the same and the names on the rosters will always be changing in numbers well beyond anytime in the past. The intensity of my interest in this team in general is falling away. I am afraid it has been replaced by the same brain numbing response I have toward sports in general and social/media politics. I no longer care much about who is involved or who wins. It comes to a point that what I would view as us or them in the bigger picture is both ill defined and meaningless, hyperbole replaces truth and real is just a state of personal observation and choice.

AroundWorldFrog

I’ve seen zero “hate” for Zach Evans on this board.
Just curious, as a guy that claims not to care one bit, what is your objective term for calling a kid selfish, traitor, corrupt, all about himself, hope they transfer, etc, etc? It's certainly animosity and certainly borderline hateful.

I just don't get whatever it is that you choose to call it.

Spike

During the last big oil and gas boom, you could always find a good deal on nice used trucks (though often lifted/tricked out) in boom country when tax bills came due.

All those landmen overbought and needed cash come tax time.
At the first broker about half of the landmen were fratboys from UT. Some were good workers while others were just good at telling you how awesome they were. Ironically we had a few non college graduates and they were the best workers. Anyway the fratboys all had really nice cars that they would drive from Austin or Houston to Granbury every week. I had what was at the time a fairly new Toyota Tacoma but I had also inherited a Toyota Corolla when my mom passed. It was nothing fancy but got me from point A to B and it got about 8 miles to the gallon more than the truck which adds up quickly when driving from Fort Worth to Granbury, Stephenville, or the City of Palo Pinto (I was shocked to learn it is a city) almost everyday. Several of the fratboys would sneer when I would roll up in a very generic looking 15 year old car.

Wexahu

I think the hate is aimed at the system more than the person. It is for me anyway.
This, and frankly, just being tired of it.

I'll will readily admit I didn't care for some of the stuff surrounding him this year, and some of his actions. No need to rehash those again. But hate? No, that ain't it. He is a great talent, but jeezus, Kendre Miller is just a notch below him, and I bet if he decided to enter the portal it'd generate about 10% of the freak out factor and attention that ZE does.

I don't care what he does but I'm to the point where I don't care what anyone does. If a kid wants to play football at TCU, great, I'll cheer for them next fall. If not, go, and good luck, not that I'll care one way or another what they do at their next stop. That goes for all 85 kids on the team. This system has created that apathy for me.

Considering Evans’ decision to enter the portal immediately following the end

of the season…..the probibility of his returning to TCU seems highly unlikely.

Eight

I was in oil and gas for a while as a landman. Most of us were 1099 independent contractors. That meant we got a giant check with everything thrown in (mileage, meal n cell phone stipends, reimbursement of expenses, etc etc), and absolutely nothing taken out. They would then send in a 1099 to the IRS. While some utilized CPAs or other tax professionals and employed elaborate systems to track and decuct expenses and set aside a percentage for taxes, many grown adults with atleast 4 year degrees and some times JDs would not set aside the money to pay taxes then go on a scramble drill in April.

Heck I know some age 40 plus attorneys who don't set aside $ for taxes.

was curious where steel had been lately

making up receipts for last year?