• The KillerFrogs

Z Evans in the portal….

PurpleBlood87

Dude was a beast. I don't even know what to think honestly as we've been so bad it's hard to just fall in love with his play. It seemed like he wasn't on the field enough. Our offense honestly just needs a major reset at this point, and if this is what it takes... whatever

As others have said, assuming he lands outside of the B12, I'll cheer for him.

Going to cheer for him at A&M?

It is what it is, but there is so very much wrong with this. Especially the second paragraph, where other schools are actively recruiting players from other schools. In fact, use of the term school is wrong anymore.
This is why getting CFB turned into a semi-pro league, with a players union and CBA, is actually in the best interest for all.

Toad Jones

Disappointing, and foolish. With a new staff, and the complete re-evaluations that will take place, he would likely have been the focus of the offense. Transferring to, say, Auburn (or anywhere else) would put him behind three (or more) other guys the coaches there are familiar with, or some incoming 5* kid those same coaches recruited and favor. And he is transferring with a lingering injury that might never heal, so he has another little weight in the negative balance pan against him.
Not disputing your post but ask IS IT REALLY A LINKERING INJURY. You can fake a lingering injury if you can avoid an in-depth examination. I really think most on here knew this was coming in spite of announcements from the team and Evans. I feel this kid is a mole that can become cancerous before he hits the pros which he will do as soon as possible no matter who he is p[laying for. So I say , so long problem child. Make your millions and don't give a rats ass about anybody except yourself.

vicarfrog

This is why getting CFB turned into a semi-pro league, with a players union and CBA, is actually in the best interest for all.

Not going to lie, with this new era in college sports, sometimes I feel like I too should pull a Gary and step down. This is Gen-Z football, you don't play to become a better person, you play to get multiple figures.

There's no keeping up with this stuff. It's like a giant illusion. Your aristocrat programs with money to burn do just enough to make you feel like you can get in to the play offs, but really they just need meat sacks to beat up on their way to the CFP.

I tend to be more of a settler than pioneer, so I look at this all like Charleston Heston seeing a destroyed statue of liberty.

Probably so at this point. I still think just getting rid of the free transfer rule “fixes” 90% of this stuff. It’s almost an untenable situation when you have almost unlimited free agency. Not almost actually.
I wouldn't be surprised to see guys signing 4 year deals in the future, having 1 free transfer plus 1 more if they graduate early, but with the schools being allowed to block or deny to certain schools (maybe intra-conference). But of course this is years away and total conjecture.

Dogfrog

Nobody thinks that. The Jackson State comment refers to the fact that Deion is there and Zach tweeted support for Prime Time as a TCU coaching target...
Somebody check to see if there is a connection between Zach’s agent and Deion’s agent.

Spike

Matching that kind of money is insanity and honestly it would bother me if that’s what we were doing. Hell, I’d rather fund the entire girls soccer team or the baseball guys with that money than dump it all into ONE football player.
I would rather retire.

Wexahu

There has
I wouldn't be surprised to see guys signing 4 year deals in the future, having 1 free transfer plus 1 more if they graduate early, but with the schools being allowed to block or deny to certain schools (maybe intra-conference). But of course this is years away and total conjecture
There has to be some competitive balance rules put in place at some point, or rules that greatly reduces player movement. This is borderline insanity, and it’s only gonna get worse. How do coaches even build programs anymore?

This sort of structure has never been tried before in team sports history, as far as I know.