• The KillerFrogs

YouTube: Big 12 at the Bar

Deep Purple

Scotch tastes like someone put ashes from a homeless campfire into a dirty diaper, covered it in hairspray and lit the whole mess on fire.
All liqueurs (including schnapps) taste like cough syrup -- so sickly sweet they make me gag. May be why so many chicks dig them.

But I do love good Scotch -- though fave whiskeys are rye, followed by Irish. While visiting the Bushmills distillery in County Antrim a few years ago, they took us into the aging room, which smelled like heaven itself (bouquet of oaken casks, peat, barley malt, alcohol). On an upright caskhead were three shot glasses, one containing single-malt Scotch, another Bushmills Irish, and a third American bourbon (Evan Williams). I was the lucky volunteer selected to drink each one in turn and describe the different flavors for the visitors.

Our Irish guide noted that Irish has a smoother finish, while Scotch tastes much earthier. He explained, "That's because we only use peat to fuel the fires that dry the barley. Unlike our Scottish cousins, we don't actually put it in the whiskey."

Eight

All liqueurs (including schnapps) taste like cough syrup -- so sickly sweet they make me gag. May be why so many chicks dig them.

But I do love good Scotch -- though fave whiskeys are rye, followed by Irish. While visiting the Bushmills distillery in County Antrim a few years ago, they took us into the aging room, which smelled like heaven itself (bouquet of oaken casks, peat, barley malt, alcohol). On an upright caskhead were three shot glasses, one containing single-malt Scotch, another Bushmills Irish, and a third American bourbon (Evan Williams). I was the lucky volunteer selected to drink each one in turn and describe the different flavors for the visitors.

Our Irish guide noted that Irish has a smoother finish, while Scotch tastes much earthier. He explained, "That's because we only use peat to fuel the fires that dry the barley. Unlike our Scottish cousins, we don't actually put it in the whiskey."

matter of choice, actually prefer scotch with an earthier flavor though bourbon is the drink of choice

Frog92

I prefer Scotch (Oban, Cragganmore, Lagavulin, Dalwhinnie), but prices in the US have become stupid from tariffs. Maybe I just need to drink less…but mid-range bourbons are now my go to. Four Roses single select, Angel’s Envy, Buffalo Trace. All different but like them all.