• The KillerFrogs

You're Not Going To The Poinsettia Bowl?

Opintel

Moderators
Purple People Seaters - where are you? How about a promo? :biggrin:

I pledge to sponsor two, or more, to the bowl game.

Tell us how!

Rimick

I purchased two Project Purple Poinsettia Bowl tickets on gofrogs.com for $25 each. It says they go to local military and disadvantaged youth in the San Diego area. Seems like a great idea!

Get Your Frogs Up

Thanks, Opintel.

Purple People Seaters will be sending a group to the Poinsettia Bowl as well. In 2008 we provided tickets, cokes & hot dogs/burgers, and shirts for the kids. We took an organization that supports homeless children in the San Diego area, a group of firefighters & their family members, and a group of naval families.

I'm in the midst of final exams and will post more information on Thursday after my last exam is over and all I have to worry about is working. Here is a link to the website: http://www.purplepeopleseaters.org/ . I haven't had a chance to update the site yet, but will do so first thing Thursday evening.

Below are some pics from the 2008 Poinsettia Bowl:

11emailformat.jpg

1emailformat.jpg

4emailformat.jpg

7emailformat.jpg

13emailformat.jpg

9emailformat.jpg

Opintel

Moderators
Awesome - the t-shirts and food were really appreciated by the recipients last time.

My contribution is in. :biggrin:

Opintel

Moderators
Just did 4 tickets for Project Purple. Good cause and will help fill that place up!
Great cause, and we all need to donate to the "seat filler" of your choice. :biggrin:

The Project Purple and Purple People Seaters are different, however. Just support the one you like, but let's get those seats filled with Purple!

talor

Project Purple via GoFrogs doesn't list any events. And Purple People Seaters looks like it is collecting dust. What is the move here? I am trying to get myself and friends to send some people to the game!

Get Your Frogs Up

Regarding the PPS effort for the Poinsettia Bowl:

We have committed to sending 190 kids from San Diego Youth Services to the game tonight. The kids are getting a ticket to the game, a purple Poinsettia Bowl shirt, and a voucher for a hot dog & coke. Additionally, 6 tickets were sent to the San Diego Fire Department.

Unfortunately, because of the relative lack of time before the game I've been scrambling to coordinate between all interested parties and haven't had time to update others on the progress, but everything is set up to go. A majority of the kids will be sitting behind the TCU band in the plaza section, so if you're watching on TV or at the game and near the band be on the lookout for the kids.

The approximate cost for ticket, shirt, hot dog & coke for each kid $45. If you would like to contribute toward this effort, you can visit the PPS website (www.purplepeopleseaters.org) and click on the 'Donate' button.

I'm not sure if TCU wants me to disclose the Project Purple numbers, but I know between PPS and Project Purple a lot of kids are going to the game tonight. Thanks to everyone for the support and contributions.

About SDYS: San Diego Youth Services (SDYS) is a nationally recognized, comprehensive non-profit organization that has helped stabilize the lives of more than a half-million young people and their families since 1970. Every day we work to fight the tragedies of homeless youth and youth in crisis. We administer our programs from fourteen locations throughout San Diego County. Our approach is based on practices that have proven to be effective -- focusing on long-term solutions. Many of our services are replicated in communities across the nation.