• The KillerFrogs

Your TCU football Mt. Rushmore

Temcat Frog

I know most of you guys are all about who the media talks about and their numbers, but how do you leave out Ki Aldrich, the ONLY #1 overall  pick in the NFL Draft from TCU (1939). He was even drafted ahead of Davey O'Brien that year!

Punter1

How you guys leaving Lilly off the list is beyond me...he's one of the Top 10 D lineman in pro football history.

Baugh is a no brained also...he's one of the best QBs in football history and one of the best punters as well. And a dam good DB.

LT is obvious.

The first 3 spots are taken.

Maybe you could make a case for Swink or Dalton even over D O'Brien but I don't think so.

ShreveFrog

WestTexasFrog said:
Easy selections to make:

Baugh
O'Brien
Lilly
Tomlinson

Pro Football HOF guys and a Heisman winner. Pretty simple and logical.

Guess I agree with this, but so hard to leave Swink off (though since he didn't go NFL, you have to be a real TCU fan to know him.)
Sure would be nice to see Mr. Lilly walk onto the field at AGCS, or maybe give us a "Give 'em Hell TCU" on Riff Ram.

ShreveFrog

Perhaps below the TCU Mt. Rushmore you could have a tv monitor display of LHCGP pants hitching, shoe tying, and Gatorade shower in Rose Bowl on loop.

yurintroubl

ShreveFrog said:
Perhaps below the TCU Mt. Rushmore you could have a tv monitor display of LHCGP pants hitching, shoe tying, and Gatorade shower in Rose Bowl on loop.

Nah - He could be Crazy Horse... Pointing towards the future.

CountryFrog

To me, there are 5 guys clearly above the others. I personally think Baugh and Tomlinson are automatic. Then I would go with O'Brien and CGP as the other two, but I'd have no problem putting Lilly in there over Patterson.

There are a lot of other great players plus Dutch Meyer as a coach but I just don't see how you can make an argument for anyone else above any of those 5 guys for the impact they had at TCU and beyond.

CountryFrog

Temcat Frog said:
I know most of you guys are all about who the media talks about and their numbers, but how do you leave out Ki Aldrich, the ONLY #1 overall  pick in the NFL Draft from TCU (1939). He was even drafted ahead of Davey O'Brien that year!
So I guess you have JaMarcus Russell on the LSU Mt Rushmore since being drafted #1 overall trumps everything else.

Leap Frog

CountryFrog said:
To me, there are 5 guys clearly above the others. I personally think Baugh and Tomlinson are automatic. Then I would go with O'Brien and CGP as the other two, but I'd have no problem putting Lilly in there over Patterson.

There are a lot of other great players plus Dutch Meyer as a coach but I just don't see how you can make an argument for anyone else above any of those 5 guys for the impact they had at TCU and beyond.

If not for the Dutchman there would be no Sammy (baseball only at Texas u.) or 'lil Davey ( recruited himself to TCU because he liked what he saw from Dutch and Sam). Also, maybe he set the tone for what we have now with the two NC's and a host of first team All- Americans.

CountryFrog

Leap Frog said:

If not for the Dutchman there would be no Sammy (baseball only at Texas u.) or 'lil Davey ( recruited himself to TCU because he liked what he saw from Dutch and Sam). Also, maybe he set the tone for what we have now with the two NC's and a host of first team All- Americans.
He certainly deserves credit for what he did as coach, and he did a fantastic job. I don't think there's any way you can say that anything anyone did back in the 30's and 40's somehow set the tone for everything that's happened at TCU over the last 20 years.

CountryFrog

purplepreacher said:
Davey, Baugh, Meyer and GP.  Andy and LT dd not achieve iconic national status.  Meyer helped make Davey and Baugh, our two national champs.  Swink almost in there.  Robbed in College Station.
LT didn't achieve iconic national status? Led the nation in rushing twice, won the Doak Walker Award, NFL MVP, numerous records including most TD's in a season, and regarded as the best RB of his generation and one of the greatest ever. Not to mention all the national fame that fantasy football gave him where he basically decided league champs on his own in 2006. He's already in the college HOF and is a lock to be a first ballot pro football HOFer.

Other than that, I guess he didn't achieve much national fame.