• The KillerFrogs

Your Stadium Looks Great

baylorbearal

I was in Forth Worth recently and saw the new stadium. It was already a great setting in the way that the campus sort of rolls into the stadium, at least the way that I have walked campus. Wow, does it look great. I really am determined to get to a game there this year and do some tailgating.

I read a comment on here about a guy who went to the BU game this past Sunday. He said everyone was very happy to see his Frogs hat and welcomed him to the game. Despite the history during conference realignment, nearly every Bear fan that I talk to could not be more jazzed. If you doubt that, think about a few facts:
  • A rivalry that is perfectly tied with a long history
  • TCU brings real BCS success, an upgrade over a delusional school and a dud (someone seriously wanted Missouri?)
  • We have another private school in the conference, with a similar history/affiliation
  • Very strong academics (someone has to offset a few of the schools you can graduate from with a fishing license)
  • Great location (and very close to us, which makes the games across all sports more energized)

Your move to the conference has helped stabilize it. I am convinced we need more (still hoping FSU in 2013) but sure glad you all are here. Punch Grambling in the mouth and rep the conference, check that, rep OUR conference. I cannot stand the SEC or Big 10 but they really do have an interesting, artful balance of hating each other but defending and pimping the conference as an entity. I hope the Big 12 can eventually get there while keeping the rivalries.

Good luck and again, congrats on that sweet stadium. Looking forward to October and now, let's return to hating.

f_399

No doubt Baylor is a rivalry game and from the looks of it, you guys have really improved... and the whole Heisman RG3 effect hasn't even hit recruiting yet.

Look forward to the games!

TCUdirtbag

Thanks for this. There was lots of bad blood stirred up during conference realignment. Each school has reason to look at the other as a sort of step brother. But the reality is now that's behind us and it has potential to be a good rivalry/partnership going forward.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I've always considered Baylor our main rival, sorry p(h)onies, so I'll add my voice to the choir in offering a heart felt thanks for the welcome.

froginaustin

I wouldn't be surprised if Baylor's new stadium didn't punch up your season ticket sales just like TCU's has.

That would be great news if it happens.

Limey Frog

Your own new stadium looks from the renderings like it will be fabulous. I look forward to visiting in 2014.

Here's hoping TCU-BU establishes itself as the conference's most important rivalry alongside OU-UT.

Purple Daze

I was in Forth Worth recently and saw the new stadium. It was already a great setting in the way that the campus sort of rolls into the stadium, at least the way that I have walked campus. Wow, does it look great. I really am determined to get to a game there this year and do some tailgating.

I read a comment on here about a guy who went to the BU game this past Sunday. He said everyone was very happy to see his Frogs hat and welcomed him to the game. Despite the history during conference realignment, nearly every Bear fan that I talk to could not be more jazzed. If you doubt that, think about a few facts:

Yea, that was me that showed up in a Frog hat-shirt. There's some posters here that have issues with Baylor. I'm not one, have always pulled for the Bears but I understand the way they feel because I have issues with A&M and UT. I have attended several games down there when it hasn't conflicted with TCU games and have always been treated well. Thanks for the welcome, like I said, I got several of those the other night and it was nice to hear.

Sammy11

Your own new stadium looks from the renderings like it will be fabulous. I look forward to visiting in 2014.

Here's hoping TCU-BU establishes itself as the conference's most important rivalry alongside OU-UT.

Agreed. If the BU-TCU game could become the next important rivalry in this league it would pay big dividends to each school.

TheElephant

elephant-room11.jpg

This thread reminds me a lot about a pink room I was watching over for a few years if you know what I mean?

Edit: KMA!

denverfrog

I will always have respect for Baylor. There were alot of schools that would not schedule us. Baylor did knowing full well that they probably were going to get their butts kicked for doing so. They could have easily scheduled a savannah state and claimed a win in a body bag game. I applaud that. They are also a private school and, yes, that does make us (somewhat) in the same fraternity. I know there are a few wieners posters that make Baylor look like a bunch of idiots, we have a few of those as well. End of the day, I feel more of a kinship with Baylor than anyone else in the B12.