• The KillerFrogs

Your Best Single Moment Memory in TCU Sports

Goo

Beating #5 OU in Norman when we were 26 pt underdogs. That was an epic battle and alot of no-names like Ortiz and Moore stepped up. This and Sun Bowl were defining moments.

#2 2009 Utah....we just came out and kicked their [Gary Danielson]

Rose Bowl. Grandaddy of em all. Great game. I was so confident so that's why not #1 or #2.

Clemson game in rain was cool. I love our away game crowds!

Beating Tech was nice to shut them up and it was such a passionate effort. Henson and crew were pissed.

Students charging court on some Billy Tubbs games were awesome. I believe we beat Top 10 Utah in front if sold-out crowd.

Not s huge baseball guy but TCU grandslam last year is arguablly "top moment"

sandiegojack

This one is easy for me. Since I graduated in 1966, I have suffered through MANY bad football seasons. And since I live in San Diego, it limits what I see in person.

So the whole New Years Day experience is my best moment. When I moved here in 1995, I always wanted to see the Rose Bowl parade, never dreaming that I would see the TCU band march in the parade. Then seeing my beloved Frogs win the Rose Bowl was an experience I will have the rest of my life.

The ticket stubs are still selling on eBay, but mine are NOT for sale.

sdj

Boston Frog (in Paris)

Still on the ledge
Personally witnessed:

1. Rose Bowl. From the parade in the morning through the Colossal margarita after the game, quite simply the best day of my life.

2. 1992 win over Texas at ACS. Completely unexpected, very emotional.

3. 1994 win over Tech at ACS. The breakfast bowl, great atmosphere.

4. One spring day in 1994 when I was at TCU and we swept Texas in baseball and beat the Longhorns in men's tennis on the same day.

5. 2000 win at Navy. The only time I got to witness in person LaDainian Tomlinson playing for TCU.

Witnessed on TV:

1. Sun Bowl. Maybe still the most stunning TCU sports moment of my lifetime.

2. 2006 wins over Baylor and Tech. Finally, we shut up our former SWC rivals. Finally.

3. 2010 win at Utah. Arguably the most impressive TCU football game I've ever seen.

4. 2009 win vs. Utah at ACS. The one that really put us on the map.

5. 1991 win vs. Houston at ACS. Coach Wacker's last game at TCU and a barn-burner to boot. Who cares if Stephen Shipley ran out of bounds before he caught that pass?

SnoopFrogs11

I would rate the 2009 Utah win over the 2010 win because of the atmosphere of college gameday being there and the enormity of the game. At least for me it was.

Houston Frog

I would rate the 2009 Utah win over the 2010 win because of the atmosphere of college gameday being there and the enormity of the game. At least for me it was.

I think the enormity of the game was bigger in 2010 (#3 vs #5), but the 2009 game was cooler for us because it was in FW and was our first College Gameday.

ShreveFrog

Without a doubt the best single moment was at the Rose Bowl when Waymon James got the first down and I knew for certain that the FROGS HAD WON THE FREAKIN ROSE BOWL!!!!!!

Beat me to it. I grabbed my wife and shook her and screamed with everyone on the TCU side. I knew we were Rose Bowl champs.
Great play. 3rd and 6? Wiscy knew we would run. And James got the first down anyway, darting to the right after the middle was stuffed.

allclearforfrogs

Surprised no one has mentioned when Louisville's kicker hit the crossbar in 2003. Maybe not the greatest moment....but worth a mention. The atmosphere that night was electric. Ah freshman year.......

TCURiggs

Surprised no one has mentioned when Louisville's kicker hit the crossbar in 2003. Maybe not the greatest moment....but worth a mention. The atmosphere that night was electric. Ah freshman year.......

I think someone mentioned it in the "most underrated sports moment" thread. I agree, that was a great atmosphere.

Houston Frog

It's been mentioned a couple times, actually.

Awesome game and awesome day.... Thursday night game and we all skipped out on our afternoon classes and started our tailgate at about Noon.

OK, now that this thread has just about died, I will post mine. As a member of the golf team, we went to Austin to play a match against UT (that's how it was done way back then). It was a Ryder Cup type format. My partner and I won a couple of points, and the other two guys won a couple of points and we defeated the mighty UT. I beat my opponent in my individual match which was another upset, as he went on to win 3 or 4 tournaments on the PGA tour. For us to beat UT, head-up, in Austin, was a total shock to anybody that covered college golf at the time. Our win wasn't highly publicized, barely got a write-up in the Star Telegram. I know it doesn't compare to some of the things that happened before or after, but for me, it was my best memory of a TCU sports moment.

VA Froggie

Swink's wild day in Austin is
No. 1...Jamie's SHOT is No. 2. :blush:
Pappy you dummy you beat me to it regarding Swink. Rose Bowl will be very hard to beat, Carder knocking down the pass and yes, Dalton taking the knee to end the game. When you've spent as many years pulling for the Frogs as some of up "more mature" Frogs have the Rose Bowl will have to be the crowning moment until perhaps a NC.

2314@work

Contributor
OK, now that this thread has just about died, I will post mine. As a member of the golf team, we went to Austin to play a match against UT (that's how it was done way back then). It was a Ryder Cup type format. My partner and I won a couple of points, and the other two guys won a couple of points and we defeated the mighty UT. I beat my opponent in my individual match which was another upset, as he went on to win 3 or 4 tournaments on the PGA tour. For us to beat UT, head-up, in Austin, was a total shock to anybody that covered college golf at the time. Our win wasn't highly publicized, barely got a write-up in the Star Telegram. I know it doesn't compare to some of the things that happened before or after, but for me, it was my best memory of a TCU sports moment.
Cool! Thanks for sharing that.

Wog68

Great post!

The one I love the most is without a doubt is the 2009 Utah game 55-28. Not because I think it's a bigger game than the Rose Bowl, or the CWS but because while I saw both of those on TV for 55-28 I was on campus/in Fort Worth the entire day. Frog fever was alive and well that day, starting early at College Gameday and all the way until we rushed the field when the final horn sounded. I've never been to a sporting event where I was so happy at the end. It was an emotional day, one that I rank not just as my top TCU moments but as a top 2 moment in my life that is only equaled by October 22, 2010. I love that Utah game the most because I was in the stands, I couldn't talk for two days after, and because just thinking about the game gives me goose bumps and chills my spine. All those other things are great, but that's the one for me.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Nice