• The KillerFrogs

Your 2014 Super Bowl Champions!?

geefrogs

The Texans will fall apart when Andre Johnson gets hurt. Then Foster. Then Ed Reed. Then Owen Daniels.

Team is brittle.

The Ravens will never be a bad team. Too many smart people in their front office and John Harbaugh is better than whoever your coach is.

Shut Down Frogs

Reed showed up on our doorstep as an expensive broken old toy. 

OD falling off won't be that impactful - Graham had a good year last year and Kubiak's system is pretty plug and play with TEs. 

Foster is special and all, but it's not like a 1K RB is difficult to find. I don't think that will hurt badly for too long. 

Andre deteriorating will be very bad for the team. He changes the game, just by being out there. I'm consistently amazed that the team has never been able to find a decent #2 or heir apparent WR in A DECADE. So frustrating. Hopefully Hopkins changes that. 

Last year was a good look at what things look like with and without Cushing. That guy is incredible and we need him healthy to do much of anything mentionable on defense, even with Watt who is obviously unreal good.

Yeah, Ozzie Newsome seems really good at his job and people saying the Ravens are going to disappear completely are in for a rude awakening.

gofrogs152

I think Ravens make the playoffs this year, but they won't go back to the superbowl.  I don't get the Steeler's love...they were old and broken down last year and their salary cap situation made it difficult for them to get much better.  I think the Bungles have a good shot at winning the division this year, with my Ravens hopefully getting a wildcard spot.  We got lucky with playing AFC East and NFC North this year, so our schedule isn't that bad considering we just won the Superbowl. 

For you Texans fans, I looooooooved Ed Reed as a player, but  I think he is done.  He was pretty beat up the last couple of years he was here in Balt and I can't tell you how many missed tackles he had last year.  He's also a little squirrely in the head...I hope the Texans are ready to handle him with kid gloves.

In Ozzie I trust!  He knows when to let older players go through free agency, get compensatory picks for them,  and then continue to keep the Ravens competitive by finding good, young, and cheaper talent through the draft.  If I win the lottery my plan is to quit my job and then go beg Ozzie to let me an unpaid intern for him so I can learn the business and become the first female NFL GM.  :)

Shut Down Frogs

Reed missed 15 tackles during the regular season which ties him for 7th most among safeties who played 50% of their team's snaps. Not good, but not back breaking. The 6 in the playoffs is what is concerning. PFF also graded him out as a negative overall for the season, so, ya know, we have that going for us. 

gofrogs152

Shut Down Frogs said:
Reed missed 15 tackles during the regular season which ties him for 7th most among safeties who played 50% of their team's snaps. Not good, but not back breaking. The 6 in the playoffs is what is concerning. PFF also graded him out as a negative overall for the season, so, ya know, we have that going for us. 

I believe I watched every snap of every single Ravens game last year.  The drop off from previous years was noticeable.  Not only does the hip issue, but he's had a neck issue for years.

One other thing is watch out for his penchant to lateral the ball after an INT.  I can't tell you how many stupid laterals he made over the years, resulting in us giving the ball back more than once.  He's a crazy ball hawk, but you hold your breath once he gets it.

I really do love Reed, he was great for our organization and I hope he goes out on top.  I wish he decided to retire like Ray did, and I don't want him to be one of those broke down players who stayed at the dance too long.

ftwfrog

Shut Down Frogs said:
Harbaugh basically took the team that Singletary had and turned it into what you see now with a few minor personnel moves. From 6-10 in 2010 to 13-3 in 2011. Great coaching > great players.
You're absolutely right. Singletary was awful. He thought he could crack the whip and get players t play just because he was good back in the 80's. Harbaugh on the other hand is a players coach and falls on the sword for them. He gets them to buy into his system.
They drafted some pretty big pieces after Harbaugh though Aldon Smith, Mike Iuapati & Anthony Davis.
They drafted an elite pass rusher(a must in the NFL), then kept drafting big and strong. They have the best OLine in football, which if you remember the Super Bowl I have no idea why they passed 3 times within the 5 in the last minute of the game. It's almost unheard of for a team to go back to the Super Bowl after losing, but I hope you guys are right.

Shut Down Frogs

Davis and Iupati were both drafted in 2010 and played their rookie year with Singletary. Aldon Smith was drafted by Harbaugh, but I think he's kind of overrated and depends on Justin Smith playing like a man possessed in front of him to really put up the gaudy numbers. 

I think they're probably the most complete team top to bottom and should be back to the Super Bowl, but anything can happen. 

Shut Down Frogs

LOL AJ Jenkins. First round pick in 2012, got exactly 47 snaps and one target with zero catches and gets traded for a well known bust. Not Harbaugh's finest moment.