• The KillerFrogs

Young Team

VA Froggie

This has been the perfect schedule for a team with so many freshmen and sophomores. The wins haven't been pretty but wins none the less. With SMU coming up the guys have gotten a lot of minutes and will improve with each game. Get SMU, now is the time for a "pretty" game.

Go Frogs

GothamFrog

This has been the perfect schedule for a team with so many freshmen and sophomores. The wins haven't been pretty but wins none the less. With SMU coming up the guys have gotten a lot of minutes and will improve with each game. Get SMU, now is the time for a "pretty" game.

Go Frogs

Agree that this schedule is favorable for TCU's development this year. However, I don't think we are going to see many "pretty" games by our standards for the rest of the year. As long as we continue to learn from our mistakes, this team will make improvements and will be competitive in every games we play. There may be a hiccup along the way though.

rifram09

...I don't think we are going to see many "pretty" games by our standards for the rest of the year. ...

I disagree. I think we've been holding back, and you'll see GMFP attempt to embarrass SMU next week. I think he has saved some "new wrinkles" for them.

After SMU, I think Tech at home will be the next time to expect some additional "new wrinkles" and more pedal to the medal mentality.

In between those two games I expect more conservative, less-than pretty games. After those games, it will be a wild free for all to gut out every win we can. Should be fun.

BBG817

Hope that scenario comes up (up by a bunch), but don't think Coach Patterson will try to embarrass anyone. He understands what it means to be a coach from GA to Head Coach. He always talks about the football gods and knows what goes around comes back around.

The journey begins the next week and is bigger than winning a non-conference game. Expect this will be the toughest game of the year.

Posted in other places but our mental errors and turnovers will haunt us eventually

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Do you not remember the blow out after the SMU game last year? The Frogs are going to the Hilltop looking to spank the ponies, don't doubt it.

PhillyFrog

I think GP feels he owes that lei-wearing bike rider a come-uppance. We will mop the floor with Ponies and Bears this year, and then move on....

Hope that scenario comes up (up by a bunch), but don't think Coach Patterson will try to embarrass anyone. He understands what it means to be a coach from GA to Head Coach. He always talks about the football gods and knows what goes around comes back around.

The journey begins the next week and is bigger than winning a non-conference game. Expect this will be the toughest game of the year.

Posted in other places but our mental errors and turnovers will haunt us eventually

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
The don't-run-up-the-score mindset is to show respect for the fellow professionals in the coaching ranks. As to whether GP would deviate from his long standing adherence to that standard depends on whether or not you think his post-game remarks indicate that he still fails to view J.Jones as a fellow professional.

Maybe time has mellowed his position...maybe not. We fans can hope for the bad blood to continue. This would bring real interest into what was, until last year, becoming too one-sided a series to warrant the term "rivalry".

Until the team decides to play like the game means something we will always struggle. I hope we give the Pony's a beating but until I see it I won't get all jacked up.

neo926

The one thing that's bothered me is that despite this being such a young team, it's been some of our more senior players responsible for all the turnovers we've been seeing. It's one thing if you see that from a true freshman, another when it's a junior or senior doing it.

yurintroubl

The only other teams who have played as many Freshman as TCU has (15) are LSU and Ohio State. Thought it was an interesting stat.

LSU lost a bunch of would-be starters to the draft(2)/injuries(3)/suspensions(2: badger+1 academics).

Don't care enough about Urban Meyer North to get specifics.