• The KillerFrogs

You win or lose in the trenches

Wexahu

There are things that can be done schematically to help out a struggling o-line, but we don’t seem to have a handle on it. The offense is just a mess right now and what makes it even more a mess is the QB is really in a bad way. His mechanics are just terrible these last few games. As soon as he feels pressure he retreats and drops the ball below his waist, then by the time he gathers and tries to throw he’s falling backwards and off balance. I hate QB platoons but I think one may be in order just to take a little pressure off him if nothing else.

Eight

What I saw most of the second half was defensive blitz packages that virtually no O line was going to stop routinely. When you can’t execute plays to make them think twice before bringing 5-6 players, you are just inviting more pressure.

this is a big thing right now. this offense can not counter any defense for a number of reasons.

What I saw most of the second half was defensive blitz packages that virtually no O line was going to stop routinely. When you can’t execute plays to make them think twice before bringing 5-6 players, you are just inviting more pressure.
Yes but a couple of the OL players were being routinely whipped on first and second down running plays when Tech was just running their base defense. I agree the max blitzes are a separate discussion but just the up front, mano a mano domination at two positions in particular was a problem

TCURiggs

This is what I saw as well. They were aggressive as hell with their defensive calls, and it worked.

tetonfrog

This is what I saw as well. They were aggressive as hell with their defensive calls, and it worked.

Gibbs was not afraid of our WRs. We could not get any separation from Tech's DBs. Tech, which gave up over 40 points to UH and how many to Ole Miss?, blanketed our WRs with man-to-man coverage.

We have no weapons on the outside except for Turpin and Reager.

CountryFrog

I still think we have a good group of receivers personally. The problem is that there is no position on the field more dependant on other things around them than receivers. The struggles we're having in every other aspect of the offense makes it difficult to judge the receivers and what they're doing.