• The KillerFrogs

You wanted the playoffs? You got it.

One Loss OU is in the playoff. One Loss TCU is out of the playoff. Sucks, but true. When we lost to Iowa State we missed our chance. I hope I am wrong.

Sebastian S

I’m predicting some chaos. Things hardly ever happen the way everyone thinks they will. What if Wisconsin loses? What if Notre Dame beats Miami and then loses to someone else and Washington also loses?

My brain can only manage to process a playoff selection that includes 1 loss teams.

My brain will explode if it's a bunch of 2 loss teams. I'll waive the white flag for that.

Sebastian S

I hope you are correct sir. Just too many blue bloods with one loss teams for my liking.

It will eventually work its way out.

Every team in the top 10 will be playing/eliminating each other except for Washington and Wisconsin- goes to show how bad their schedule is.

Keep winning and there is still a good chance for TCU.

#BEATOU

Sebastian S

Has started all seven games ... returned an interception 46 yards and made one tackle at Kansas State (10/21) ... tallied three tackles against Texas (10/14) ... broke up a pass, made four tackles and returned one punt for five yards against Iowa State (10/7) ... posted a season-high six tackles, including one for loss, at Baylor (9/23) ... made a tackle against Tulane (9/16) ... recorded three tackles against UTEP (9/2).

FrogLifeYo

I live in Tulsa so I hear non stop OU and OSU talk daily....Here's some perspective

Ty has been called a cheap shot artist up here every day since that hit on Baker. Local radio says a Sooner win out is the only chance the Big 12 has to get in the playoff. Consensus is the Frogs low profile works against us and is why we wouldn't get in against other 1 loss teams. Lot of Patterson respect but it's always dispensed in a condescending blue blood manner. Surprisingly most seem to be aware the Frogs are the most physical team they will have seen all year...

The same formula we used to slow down the OK St offense and consequently what was used by Iowa St agains OU..Be physical, control clock, limit Bakers opportunities by shortening the game..finally we can't beat ourselves with penalties and turnovers.

West Coast Johnny

In theory, that is correct.

I am going off reality and possibility.

Does anyone think Wisconsin can beat whoever comes out of the east, be it OSU, Penn State or Mich St? I am leaning towards no. They may even lose to Iowa - the FIRST ranked team they play.

For now I have this realistically happening:
1. SEC Champ
2. ACC Champ
3. ND
4. Big 12 champ

6. Big 10 champ
7. Pac 12 champ

So yes. The big 12 controls their own destiny.
I'm not sure you know what 'controlling their own destiny' means. Your scenario relies on Wisconsin losing... which means, the Big 12 doesn't control our own destiny. And even if Wisco does lose, you ignore a one loss SEC runner-up. Sucks to be the odd man out but that's what happes when you lose to Iowa State (our blood isn't as blue as OU's).

Raw Frog

I'm not sure you know what 'controlling their own destiny' means. Your scenario relies on Wisconsin losing... which means, the Big 12 doesn't control our own destiny. And even if Wisco does lose, you ignore a one loss SEC runner-up. Sucks to be the odd man out but that's what happes when you lose to Iowa State (our blood isn't as blue as OU's).

I will forever believe that Wisky laid down to let OSU into the CFP ahead of us in 2014. They are owed one now from the other side of their conference.

FrogLifeYo

Weird as it sounds, we need Miami to win out and beat Clemson..Give them the ACC playoff spot and bury ND and Clemson along the way..Then it will likely come down to TCU, 1 loss Whisky (assuming they loose a Conf champ game) and a PAC Champ. I like our chances against those 2 and I think we all know that the SEC is going to get two teams in..

Sebastian S

Barring any major injuries, the Big 10 champ resides in the East. If only 1 of Penn St and OSU lost, they would be fine. Both losing really hurt the big 10.

It's either ND or 2 SEC teams. They are NOT leaving out 3 P5 conference champs.

The Big 10 has 1 foot out the door and the Pac 12 is good as out already.

Again, this is with a bunch of 1 loss teams and no further chaos... which is doubtful.

Just...keep... winning!

Wexahu

We don't control our own destiny (nobody with a loss does), but there's a very, very good chance if we win out we're a playoff team. For us to not be, the outcome of almost every game that matters from here on out will have to go against us. I don't think there's any way the loser of the SEC CCG makes it ahead of a 1-loss Big 12 champ, Washington can't pass us, and if Notre Dame loses a game that knocks them out.

The only scenario where we'd be in trouble is if Wisconsin, Clemson and Notre Dame all run the table. I would say the odds of that are pretty low.

Wexahu

Weird as it sounds, we need Miami to win out and beat Clemson..Give them the ACC playoff spot and bury ND and Clemson along the way..Then it will likely come down to TCU, 1 loss Whisky (assuming they loose a Conf champ game) and a PAC Champ. I like our chances against those 2 and I think we all know that the SEC is going to get two teams in..

The biggest thing is for Notre Dame to lose. If Miami beats Notre Dame then ACC Championship game would essentially be a play-in, just like the SEC CCG is looking like. That opens the door wide open for the Big 12.

FrogLifeYo

The biggest thing is for Notre Dame to lose. If Miami beats Notre Dame then ACC Championship game would essentially be a play-in, just like the SEC CCG is looking like. That opens the door wide open for the Big 12.
Sounds good on paper but I don't like our chances of getting in over a 1 loss SEC/ACC team. I really think if GA and Bama win out they both go regardless of who wins in the SEC champ game

Wexahu

I will forever believe that Wisky laid down to let OSU into the CFP ahead of us in 2014. They are owed one now from the other side of their conference.

This might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on kfc, and amazingly, you're not the only one who believes this. To think a team would lay down and get their ass kicked by a conference rival in order to give that conference rival a spot in the playoffs is beyond dumb.

Wexahu

Sounds good on paper but I don't like our chances of getting in over a 1 loss SEC/ACC team. I really think if GA and Bama win out they both go regardless of who wins in the SEC champ game

Not gonna happen that two SEC teams are in ahead of a 1-loss Big 12 team. There'd be mutiny. Although the case could be made for it, I just don't see it happening. As much as its feasible, they'll want the bids to be spread across as many conferences as possible.