• The KillerFrogs

You wanted the playoffs? You got it.

Sebastian S

This weekend vs. OU is an elimination game. Pseudo playoff game. As is with ND vs Miami this weekend.

The winner is in control of their destiny. Loser is most likely out.

With the Big 10's 2 top dogs losing, it opens the door that much wider for the Big 12's shot at the playoffs - OU or TCU.

To the team, it's just the next game but this will arguably be the biggest game in program history just because of the playoff implications and shot and a possible national title.

I trust in GP to cook up a great defensive game plan.

Not as confident in the offense but I think they can and will do just enough to win.

Go Frogs!

PS - we are also playing against the Heisman frontrunner and our favorite person, Baker Mayfield. How about the killer B's bringing him back down to earth, literally.

Last edited:

SportsJunkie

We've faced the top two defenses in the Big 12 the last 2 weeks not named TCU so it will be nice for our offense to face a very average defense this week.

I'm expecting the offense to look a ton better against Oklahoma.

Frogs win 33-30

Sebastian S

For those that have watched OU more in depth, what is the key to their offense outside of Mayfield?

Like in our Boykin years, we had a Josh Doctson.

Do they have a stud wide receiver or rb?

tcumaniac

I'm so fired up for this game, but every time I think about it, I can't help but be reminded that even with a win, we'll have to face these jackasses again in a few weeks if we want to keep our CFP hopes alive.

LSU Game Attendee

I'm so fired up for this game, but every time I think about it, I can't help but be reminded that even with a win, we'll have to face these jackasses again in a few weeks if we want to keep our CFP hopes alive.
...with an interim of a relaxing trip to Lubbock and then hosting the biggest game in the history of Baylor football.

Wexahu

Obviously they are explosive on offense but they'll also turn it over. Their defense is a mess and they are pretty beat up the defensive backfield. It's a really hard game to predict what going to happen, mainly because OU is so unpredictable. They can look great at times and they can look really sloppy and undisciplined. We've always played them tough though, even though we haven't won many.

MinFrog

For those that have watched OU more in depth, what is the key to their offense outside of Mayfield?

Like in our Boykin years, we had a Josh Doctson.

Do they have a stud wide receiver or rb?

They have some fast receivers (marquise brown leads the charge) an elite TE (andrews) and some really good RBs.

And one super [ profanity ] of a QB.

ifrog

The OU defense is not very good. I have faith in our defense. The key will be execution on offense. Its going to be loud. Hopefully they will be practicing the silent count all week.

Last edited:

Sebastian S

Defensively, we all know Patterson tries to take away your strength, what you are good at.

Does that mean we try to keep Mayfield in the pocket? Make them beat us on the ground or over the air?

Will a 3 man front with a spy work? Like before, I'd be willing to give up anything within the 20's, lock em up in the red zone and limit big plays.

pgdaly84

Defensively, we all know Patterson tries to take away your strength, what you are good at.

Does that mean we try to keep Mayfield in the pocket? Make them beat us on the ground or over the air?

Will a 3 man front with a spy work? Like before, I'd be willing to give up anything within the 20's, lock em up in the red zone and limit big plays.

ISU used the 3-man front with 8 in coverage and made OU march it for long drives. OU still got 31 points, but that’s how we’ll have to do it with some blitzes sprinkled in. We have to aim to hold them in the low 30’s and hope we can score one more. We did it in Stillwater. Time to do it again.

Limp Lizard

More so than ever, controlling the time of possession is key.

The best defense is for our offense to be able to run the ball and the clock. Just like we did against OSU but I think we have to step it up a notch.
Scoring is more important than TOP. The big stat key is probably 3rd down conversion rate, so we need for KH to be on top of his passing game. That, and of course turnovers and penalties.

Limey Frog

I think we can win if we lead TOP by five minutes, convert their turnovers into points, and don't turn it over ourselves. That's a tall order to do all three, but those are the keys. We're not going to beat them in a frenetic shootout like OSU got into.

Last edited: