• The KillerFrogs

You want the REAL size mismatch in this year's BCS games?

FROGDADDY

And yet another:

Va Tech DL = 6'3 260
Stanford OL = 6'5 305

Hide the women and children for this one, Va Tech is screwed.

TCUMed

When I clicked on this thread, I assumed the mismatch you were talking about was this:

TCU's Punter Anson Kelton - 6'4", 280 lbs
Wisc's Punter Brad Nortman - 6'3", 211 lbs

Wisc doesn't stand a chance

macaroni

When I clicked on this thread, I assumed the mismatch you were talking about was this:

TCU's Punter Anson Kelton - 6'4", 280 lbs
Wisc's Punter Brad Nortman - 6'3", 211 lbs

Wisc doesn't stand a chance

Kelton's such a badass. I'm pretty sure our punter could kick the [Craig James] of any other punter out there.

gdu

I couldn't care less about that stuff. Would make it look even more impressive if we win despite what everyone at ESPN thinks.

I am not worried, but I would be a heck of alot more confident about this game had we not let Line run all over us and had we showed up last year in the Fiesta Bowl when I thought we would win.

JugbandFrog

I couldn't care less about that stuff. Would make it look even more impressive if we win despite what everyone at ESPN thinks.

I am not worried, but I would be a heck of alot more confident about this game had we not let Line run all over us and had we showed up last year in the Fiesta Bowl when I thought we would win.
AND Collegefootballnews.com

Wisconsin 27 ... TCU 17

I think Collegefootballnews.com had it right when they say we have not faced a line as "physical" as Wisconsins. After watching a bit of footage, I notice they are a nasty group. If we were not playing them, I would like this team a lot. Tio Rana would love these guys and their offensive philosophy. We need our Dline to be at full strength as we will need the fresh legs playing well into the 4th.

You know who was badass? Drew Combs. Back in the day I saw him jack a few people up on kick returns when our coverage used to be pitiful and he was the last man to beat.

Houston Frog

I don't think SMU and Zach Line are an indicator of how we'll handle Wisconsin. Yes, Line is big, but that's where the comparisons end. SMU just fooled us with the same draw play about 20 times in a row. They weren't running it right at us because they were blowing our DL back off the ball or anything.

And in regards to the Fiesta Bowl... I think losing that game was a blessing in disguise. The team and the fans were overconfident going into that game, and I think it was a real eye-opener for the players. My guess is if we had rolled over Boise like we thought we were going to, this team would be feeling invincible coming into this Rose Bowl matchup, and we might not have the focus that's probably necessary. Now the team knows that getting to the game and losing is a terrible feeling (we're not just "happy to be here"), and they're gonna do whatever is necessary to win.

FROGDADDY

I don't think SMU and Zach Line are an indicator of how we'll handle Wisconsin. Yes, Line is big, but that's where the comparisons end. SMU just fooled us with the same draw play about 20 times in a row. They weren't running it right at us because they were blowing our DL back off the ball or anything.

Also we were focusing on stopping the pass (which we absolutely did) and willing to let them run the ball to a certain extent. I'm sure GP still wasn't happy about it. FWIW, Line is [Craig James] close to being as good as the big backs Wisky has.

EDIT - when did d a m n become a blocked word???

gdu

And in regards to the Fiesta Bowl... I think losing that game was a blessing in disguise. The team and the fans were overconfident going into that game, and I think it was a real eye-opener for the players. My guess is if we had rolled over Boise like we thought we were going to, this team would be feeling invincible coming into this Rose Bowl matchup, and we might not have the focus that's probably necessary. Now the team knows that getting to the game and losing is a terrible feeling (we're not just "happy to be here"), and they're gonna do whatever is necessary to win.
True enough, but we just didn't tackle all that well. We tackled better vs. BYU's big backs in year's past, but even they had some success and their teams probably would have had more had they not gone away from that.

Like I said, I'm not worried, but I would feel better if that wasn't the case.

FROGDADDY

True enough, but we just didn't tackle all that well. We tackled better vs. BYU's big backs in year's past, but even they had some success and their teams probably would have had more had they not gone away from that.

Like I said, I'm not worried, but I would feel better if that wasn't the case.

I EXPECT Wisky to have SOME success against us. The key is preventing them from having LOTS of success. Running for 125-150 would be some success but we'd still have a great shot at winning. If they go for 225+ we're likely in deep trouble unless the O is piling up quick points.

gdu

I EXPECT Wisky to have SOME success against us. The key is preventing them from having LOTS of success. Running for 125-150 would be some success bit we'd still have a great shot at winning. If they go for 225+ we're likely in deep trouble unless the O is piling up quick points.
It would be great if our O could keep theirs off the field. That has been one of our biggest defensive strengths the last couple of seasons.

sous vide

AND Collegefootballnews.com

Wisconsin 27 ... TCU 17

I think Collegefootballnews.com had it right when they say we have not faced a line as "physical" as Wisconsins.  After watching a bit of footage, I notice they are a nasty group.  If we were not playing them, I would like this team a lot.  Tio Rana would love these guys and their offensive philosophy.  We need our Dline to be at full strength as we will need the fresh legs playing well into the 4th.

That said, cfn has us rated what 7th or 8th with UW higher. They have always rated the Frogs low. Always.