• The KillerFrogs

You thought ESPN couldn't embarrass itself anymore?

ftwfrog

Am I that delerious, or did anyone else see coach Lou as Tom Cruise and Mark May play colonel jessup? That had to be the worst 2 minutes of my life since watching the openng scene of hot tub time machine.

That was nothing less than disastrous.

I don't know why they did that, if they wanted Mark May to look like an idiot and Lou Holtz to look extremely ridiculous(even with his TCU support) they could have just done their normal show.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Am I that delerious, or did anyone else see coach Lou as Tom Cruise and Mark May play colonel jessup? That had to be the worst 2 minutes of my life since watching the openng scene of hot tub time machine.

That was nothing less than disastrous.

I missed it. What did they do?

For their Final Verdict segment they parodied A Few Good Men. Rece Davis as Judge Randoplh, Mark May as Col. Jessep, and Lou Holtz as Kaffee. It was horrible. Instead of Code Red they did Code Blue, saying May didn't want people to vote for Boise. Ridiculous.

FrogAbroad

It's neither reporting nor journalism, it's entertainment. Or intended to be.

It's a skit that didn't work and without a comedic actor to snatch it from the jaws of disaster.

Don't forget, ESPN makes money not by being accurate but by attracting a defined demographic target for advertisers.

ftwfrog

"we use words like strength of schedule, conference matchups, and tradition."

"did you order that code blue!?? Did you order that code blue!"

"your bleeep bleep right I did!"

yes, they actually used bleeps. It was so awful.

Mike Brooks

skit aside, I was a bit stunned they let May say that he absolutely has a bias. We all know he does but it is kinda like dont ask dont tell. He is now in the open with his idiocy and "who cares what happens on the field" view. It's all a beauty pageant to he and the Craig James' of the world.

skit aside, I was a bit stunned they let May say that he absolutely has a bias. We all know he does but it is kinda like dont ask dont tell. He is now in the open with his idiocy and "who cares what happens on the field" view. It's all a beauty pageant to he and the Craig James' of the world.

He's "biased" because that is obviously his bit this year. I've heard May be complimentary of TCU in previous years. Whether by fiat of the producers or his own personal choosing, he's the anti-non-AQ guy this year. Whether he believes it or not, who knows, but ESPN believes that conflicting opinion drives ratings more than actual analysis. That's the only logical reason why Skip Bayless is still employed. Maybe they're right.

pcf

Why not admit a legitimate bias? Good for him. Better that than a bunch of nonsense arguments. Cut to the chase.