• The KillerFrogs

You Make The Call

PO Frog

I think it's B since I was under the impression there was no roughing available on rugby style punts. However, if that is the case, why don't those guys get blown up more often after the kick?

Question No. 8
Punter 82 is 15 yds. behind the neutral zone when he catches the long snap, sprints to his right at an angle toward the lone of scrimmage, and runs outside the tackle box. He then stops and punts the ball well downfield, and is immediately hit by B89 and knocked to the ground.

RULING:
a. B89 has committed roughing the kicker. Penalty is 15 yards from the previous spot.
b. There is no foul for roughing.

ANSWER:
B. No Roughing

Good job, guys. Only thing B89 needs to make sure is that he doesn't commit a Personal Foul when making contact with the punter.

Can you give a couple examples? Just to be sure I got this.
The key word to remember in the question is "immediate." Of course, if the grabs his facemask (or any opening of the helmet) and twists, turns, etc., that can be construed as a personal foul. He could still have a targeting call against him. Defense just needs to know that he isn't provided protection as a kicker if the hit is immediately after kicking.

Question No. 9
Slot back A82 is attempting to block defensive back B28 on a short pass into the side zone. The block occurs after the pass is caught, and is 3 yards downfield and away from the original position of the ball. A82's block is directed from the side but he makes contact with the front of B28's knees.

RULING:
a. Legal Block since A82 made contact in front of B28.
b. Illegal Block since the block is not directed from the front.
c. Legal Block since the contact occurred within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.
d. Slot-back A82 is out of the tackle box and is prohibited from blocking below the waist.

tcujsauce

Question No. 9
Slot back A82 is attempting to block defensive back B28 on a short pass into the side zone. The block occurs after the pass is caught, and is 3 yards downfield and away from the original position of the ball. A82's block is directed from the side but he makes contact with the front of B28's knees.

RULING:
c. Legal Block since the contact occurred within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.
d. Slot-back A82 is out of the tackle box and is prohibited from blocking below the waist.

B, illegal block since the force of the block is not directed at the front of B28.

Mean Purple

Question No. 9

RULING:

C.

Question No. 8
Punter 82 is 15 yds. behind the neutral zone when he catches the long snap, sprints to his right at an angle toward the lone of scrimmage, and runs outside the tackle box. He then stops and punts the ball well downfield, and is immediately hit by B89 and knocked to the ground.

RULING:
a. B89 has committed roughing the kicker. Penalty is 15 yards from the previous spot.
b. There is no foul for roughing.

I can't answer because I don't know what a lone of scrimmage is. please define

#toughcrowd

............B

edit: just saw zebras answer but FTR B was my guess before I finished reading rest of posts posts and I still stand by my smart ass remark