• The KillerFrogs

You can’t win with thIs group of WRs

jack the frog

Question for you guys from an old basketball player. Do our WR coaches use a JUGS tire machine to throw footballs at these guys with repetition until they figure it out? I know in high school our guys had to catch 15 fastballs in a row during some drills or they had to start over till they got it right. We didn't have much talent at the position but everybody had to be sticky or the jugs tire machine culled you. We seem to lack some basic fundamental there.

jake102

Worth noting Lynn could get tackled by GPs towel girl.

The Stephens fumble changed the entire game. Then Wells stopped catching and others also

not sure if anyone noticed the Sewo run where Duggan got out in front to block... Reagor was on that side also and blocked nothing while our QB is fighting to block guys

4th. down

Worth noting Lynn could get tackled by GPs towel girl.

The Stephens fumble changed the entire game. Then Wells stopped catching and others also

not sure if anyone noticed the Sewo run where Duggan got out in front to block... Reagor was on that side also and blocked nothing while our QB is fighting to block guys

When Reagor is the PRIMARY target, he puts forth effort and if not, well we all know about that.

ticketfrog123

I don’t think it’s scheme. I think it’s whatever technique their being taught on how to catch it. Hunt is usually wide open 2 or 3 times a game and the ball hits him in the chest just for him to drop it.

what was that pass to Reagor today that hit his hand and almost deflected all the way back to the line of scrimmage.

Does any stat service out there show the team leaders on drops? We have to lead the country by a wide margin.

reagor’s cleanest pass came from mike Collins today.

chew on that a bit when you blame the WRs that can’t catch when most people would say it’s partially on Max for throwing inaccurate fastballs.

4th. down

chew on that a bit when you blame the WRs that can’t catch when most people would say it’s partially on Max for throwing inaccurate fastballs.

You're so right, that pass was perfect with touch and he came in suddenly off the bench with no warm up. Unfortunately after that play, the offensive line decided they didn't want to block again and he has a problem with a possible concussion.

As of this date, I'm not sold on Malcolm Kelly.

BigPurple87

Watching SMU and Memphis helped reinforce how truly awful our receiver corps is. Their receivers are night and day better than ours, which is unacceptable.

We have a bunch of athletes that can’t run good routes and can’t catch the ball. We are in biggggg trouble next year with Reagor gone.

Would you say it will be sooo bad

Raw Frog

Came into this thread to say that... we have no Bart Johnson or Ty Slanina. I know its racist to say we need a white receiver but the best offenses all have a white possesion receiver like Hunter Renfrow for Clemson last year

We had a chance to get Mannix, who is exactly the type of player you are talking about, but our staff was not interested....

Moose Stuff

Nope. Any argument that even remotely suggests our WR are bad because of the QB is absurd. It’s isn’t just catching that makes them so ineffective. Their route running, inability to get open, and inability to do anything after a catch are equally as poor. We have a good WR (Reagor), a potentially good WR (Barber), and 3-4 guys that just aren’t very good. I’d like to see some of Blair Conwright in the last 4 games and I hope to god Danny Gray can play.

CountryFrog

We had a D1 receiver step out of bounds 1 yard short of the line to gain on third down, with the defender 4 yards away from him.

I'd be mad if a guy did that in two hand touch.
In his defense, it's not as if there was a big object right in front of him telling him where he needed to go to get the first down.

/s

CountryFrog

For all the crap some people want to give Reagor because he doesn't do everything perfectly, this offense without him would be inexplicably bad. If we had 4 Jalen Reagors out there at WR then we'd be pretty dang good.

Mean Purple

For all the crap some people want to give Reagor because he doesn't do everything perfectly, this offense without him would be inexplicably bad. If we had 4 Jalen Reagors out there at WR then we'd be pretty dang good.
If we left another running back in the back field to block more, that would help as well.

Mean Purple

Wonder how OSU knew it would be so easy to attack the O line this week? hmm …….
People bagging on GP earlier this week just saw why he has that rule.

Came into this thread to say that... we have no Bart Johnson or Ty Slanina. I know its racist to say we need a white receiver but the best offenses all have a white possesion receiver like Hunter Renfrow for Clemson last year

Can someone please delete this post.