• The KillerFrogs

YOLO swag turned into YOLO swing in Lubbock

ifrog

NORMLFROG said:
Interesting to see over on Raiderpower that the new narrative is that at least Tech isn't TCU, OSU, Texas, etc.  High horses and glass houses and stuff.

NF
Not a shocker.

froginmn

TechAdvisor said:
First thought that came to my mind as well.  Griner ended up receiving a 1 game suspension for breaking someones nose and Baylor "generously" added an additional 1 game suspension.  

That same year a Tech pitcher got a 3 game suspension for hitting a Baylor player with a pitch.  #Big12logic 
Intentionally hitting a batter isn't the same as throwing a punch but probably merits a suspension.

Reptilian

If Tech advisor is correct, sounds like a Kermit Washington type evend. Regardless, You can't just throw punches indiscriminately. Tech did well here. When Baylor's star point guard, Dunn, used his baby momma's face for some heavy bag work, Baylor brought the hammer by suspending him for the first 2-3 games against the likes of Incarnant Word, Houston Baptist...

TechAdvisor

SoonerFrogs said:
different cirsumstance is all. most of us are sure Dunn did punch his woman. theres just no evidence.
No one denied that Dunn punched his girlfriend and broke her jaw.  The girlfriend later came back and said that she scared Dunn in their apartment and that's why he hit her.  

Not very believable, but that's what Dunn, Scott Drew and Baylor used to make sure he stayed on the court that year.  

Froglaw

Every Tech person I know on a personal and professional basis, I like.

Put them all in a stadium on a Thursday night after tailgating for 5 hours, biggest bunch of D bags in the world.

One of my Tech buddies played on the Tech Tennis team back in the SWC and fought in Vietnam (from a Boat with ice cream at dinner).

He always laughs and said that Tech never even came close to winning the old SWC "Sportmanship Award" given out to the member school with the most friendly fans. 

TCU won it all the time I was in school.  You have to be nice when the visiting team out numbers you 3 to 1 in the stands.

Personally, I think there ought to be an award to the school with the worst fans.

Just a thought.

NORMLFROG said:
Not gonna bag on Tech for this at all.  They took the appropriate action.  I hope the young lady is ok.  Kudos to Kliff on this one.  Not a time to take cheap shots(no pun intended....seriously)

NF
Yep. When LD Brown got arrested, Tech fans jumped the gun and said GP wouldn't do anything because "he never does."

It's always best to wait and see before commenting, and Kingsbury made the right call here, even if it was an easy one.

Reptilian

SoonerFrogs said:
different cirsumstance is all. most of us are sure Dunn did punch his woman. theres just no evidence.
Charges were filed then dropped. I believe there is a police report and he was arrested.

Raw Frog

TechAdvisor said:
Really unfortunate situation.  According to eye witness accounts someone punched Bethel in the back of the head during a pick up basketball game and he turned around and swung back.  He ended up hitting Tech women's basketball player Amber Battle hard enough to put her in surgery.

Tough situation, but there is apparently video of the incident so I trust Kingsbury and staff to make the right decision.  He's shown an absolute zero tolerance policy so far so it doesn't surprise me that this kid is gone.  

Tough to lose a 4* CB recruit, but in the end showing this level of discipline will strengthen the team.
Is it true that Kingsbury threw his flag and asked to review the replay?

ftwfrog

Can all frogs fans please stop saying that Tech has handled this situation perfectly?

I'm still waiting on a press conference and until then, this situation has not been handled perfectly.

TechAdvisor said:
Still a lot of offseason left for both programs.  
Dude, no kidding. Who can be smug about somebody else's atheletes crapping out these days? Between grades and character issues it seems about 40% of any college football roster is on the knife edge

ifrog

TechAdvisor said:
Really unfortunate situation.  According to eye witness accounts someone punched Bethel in the back of the head during a pick up basketball game and he turned around and swung back.  He ended up hitting Tech women's basketball player Amber Battle hard enough to put her in surgery.

Tough situation, but there is apparently video of the incident so I trust Kingsbury and staff to make the right decision.  He's shown an absolute zero tolerance policy so far so it doesn't surprise me that this kid is gone.  

Tough to lose a 4* CB recruit, but in the end showing this level of discipline will strengthen the team.  

Eye witness said that they went for a rebound and it got heated. Then he pushed her, she pushed him, and he punched her. Far different than your typical Tech spin.