• The KillerFrogs

YOLO swag turned into YOLO swing in Lubbock

helcap

Wow. Last time I remember a Tech woman basketball player being punched in the face by a man during a game was the Brittney Griner incident a few years back.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
helcap said:
Wow. Last time I remember a Tech woman basketball player being punched in the face by a man during a game was the Brittney Griner incident a few years back.
Obviously nothing funny about the Texh woman being hit. But, this joke, well this choke really made me chuckle. Am I going to hell for laughing?

tcudoc

Frogs On A Plane said:
Obviously nothing funny about the Texh woman being hit. But, this joke, well this choke really made me chuckle. Am I going to hell for laughing?
Interesting that the Baylor player was recently diagnosed with Marfan's Syndrome.  They should have checked Griner too.  I don't follow college BB, so the recent news about the Baylor guy (Austin) was the first I had heard of him.  When they showed him at the draft, my first response was, how did they just figure that out?  He has all of the obvious outward signs of a syndrome.  The fact that he was almost 7 ft tall would have narrowed the syndrome choices down to about one.  Hindsight is 50:50, I guess.

TechAdvisor

Really unfortunate situation.  According to eye witness accounts someone punched Bethel in the back of the head during a pick up basketball game and he turned around and swung back.  He ended up hitting Tech women's basketball player Amber Battle hard enough to put her in surgery.

Tough situation, but there is apparently video of the incident so I trust Kingsbury and staff to make the right decision.  He's shown an absolute zero tolerance policy so far so it doesn't surprise me that this kid is gone.  

Tough to lose a 4* CB recruit, but in the end showing this level of discipline will strengthen the team.  

TechAdvisor

helcap said:
First thought that came to my mind as well.  Griner ended up receiving a 1 game suspension for breaking someones nose and Baylor "generously" added an additional 1 game suspension.  

That same year a Tech pitcher got a 3 game suspension for hitting a Baylor player with a pitch.  #Big12logic