• The KillerFrogs

Xavier Cork new TCU basketball transfer commit

Punter1

Four teams?
Are you counting Lancaster high school as one of those four teams?
He's only been at TCU for a year. And even if he transfers that will be two college teams in two years if he declares for the draft at the end of the 2021-22 season.

Yep I am.

He may or may not be thinking of that aspect but if I was giving him advice that's one of the things I would tell him.

But really, I'd say wherever he plays he has probably a 75% chance of being a Top 20 draft pick next year so there is no need to transfer. Jamie Dixon has a good rep with NBA scouts for developing players and that will help his stock as well.

Farmfrog

Cork looks like a fine player but I’m wondering where he plays. As we know a four for us has to shoot threes and in two years he’s shot exactly two of them. Maybe this signals there are adjustments coming to the scheme.

cheese83

Yep I am.

He may or may not be thinking of that aspect but if I was giving him advice that's one of the things I would tell him.

But really, I'd say wherever he plays he has probably a 75% chance of being a Top 20 draft pick next year so there is no need to transfer. Jamie Dixon has a good rep with NBA scouts for developing players and that will help his stock as well.

Loyalty doesn’t matter to the NBA, just production and potential.

Eight

Here’s our defensive stopper. Not much of a scorer but elite on defense.

when do we see fuller and / or farabello leave the program?

that is 3 new bodies on the perimeter and the only "returner" i would think is going to get minutes for sure is miles, unless of course he is leaving.........

Farmfrog

when do we see fuller and / or farabello leave the program?

that is 3 new bodies on the perimeter and the only "returner" i would think is going to get minutes for sure is miles, unless of course he is leaving.........
This is a kid who hasn’t played much point because Penny liked the upperclassman better. He is a super defender who looks to facilitate more than score. This just makes the Evans commitment look strange.

Also just heard another transfer might be coming soon. Was told that we made the final three for Fox, the D2 kid. Trying to find out how good this info is.

Eight

This is a kid who hasn’t played much point because Penny liked the upperclassman better. He is a super defender who looks to facilitate more than score. This just makes the Evans commitment look strange.

Also just heard another transfer might be coming soon. Was told that we made the final three for Fox, the D2 kid. Trying to find out how good this info is.

looked at his numbers and he is not good from behind the arc, so so from the field, and not great from the line.

trying to understand exactly what the plan is for this roster

Farmfrog

looked at his numbers and he is not good from behind the arc, so so from the field, and not great from the line.

trying to understand exactly what the plan is for this roster
He’s not coming in to score 15 a game. That’s not his forte. He’s athletic and looks to find the right guys instead of scoring himself.

Eight

He’s not coming in to score 15 a game. That’s not his forte. He’s athletic and looks to find the right guys instead of scoring himself.

realize that, but he needs to be able to pose an effective threat shooting the ball and he projected to just over 4 assists and 3 turnovers per 40 minutes so what do we get from him that we don't from say fuller?

helcap

I see where at couple of years ago one of his official recruiting visits was to TCU. so certainly there is some familiarity with him

Farmfrog

realize that, but he needs to be able to pose an effective threat shooting the ball and he projected to just over 4 assists and 3 turnovers per 40 minutes so what do we get from him that we don't from say fuller?
An elite defender. Being better defensively will win us more than anyone can imagine.

CountryFrog

An elite defender. Being better defensively will win us more than anyone can imagine.
If he actually is an elite defender then I think this is a good pickup. I'll just have to take your word on that because I've never heard of the kid until today much less seen him play.

Eight's point still stands about the overall roster, though. We do need SOME scoring threats outside of just Miles. I suppose we're counting on the UTA and JUCO transfers for that. Plus some occasional punch from O'Bannon and maybe just maybe Fuller does more than just flash here and there.

Francis Xavier

Im also hearing Micah Peavy....