• The KillerFrogs

WVU TCU Basketball thread

y2kFrog

We didn’t lose the game because of the refs, we lost the game because we don’t make winning plays, we turn the ball over way to much and take bad shots in critical situations. We didn’t play that bad but they are better coached and have much better players. Their big man ate Sam for lunch.

We have terrible shooters who take terribly difficult shots. It is not a good combo.

jake102

Refs were bad but we had 3 possessions down 8 pts with about 5 mins left and we had a bad shot by Nembhard and 2 turnovers. We have very low basketball IQ and coaching in the key moments.

The shot that stood out to me was the 3 pointer by Nembhard because he had Miles wide open to his left. Swing the ball once more to the better shooter who is wide open.

jake102

We have terrible shooters who take terribly difficult shots. It is not a good combo.

I'd probably say our biggest issue is that we only have one guy who can reliably handle the ball. Nembhard has way too many mistakes handling, Fuller is a turnover, and the rest of the group certainly can't dribble. Maybe Todd is OK, although not sure he can really dribble and pass. Samuel is going to drop it unless it's high and soft.

cheese83

Haha a massive issue in today's version of basketball. We have been such a poor shooting team under Dixon & for some reason our players keep taking such low percentage shots towards the end of games. It drives me crazy and I wish he would step in and draw up some more sets or maybe tell them to rotate the ball more.

tetonfrog

Haha a massive issue in today's version of basketball. We have been such a poor shooting team under Dixon & for some reason our players keep taking such low percentage shots towards the end of games. It drives me crazy and I wish he would step in and draw up some more sets or maybe tell them to rotate the ball more.

I am not a fan of JD’s offense, but the problem is our players. They struggle with the very basics of bball: dribbling, passing, catching and shooting. He needs to recruit some bball players & not just athletes.

Eight

I am not a fan of JD’s offense, but the problem is our players. They struggle with the very basics of bball: dribbling, passing, catching and shooting. He needs to recruit some bball players & not just athletes.

you can't practice skills such as ball handling and shooting unless the entire team is together for practice and all the covid interruptions has kept that from happening on a regular basis

who ever heard of players developing ball handling and shooting by themselves or in small groups?

Wexahu

I'd probably say our biggest issue is that we only have one guy who can reliably handle the ball. Nembhard has way too many mistakes handling, Fuller is a turnover, and the rest of the group certainly can't dribble. Maybe Todd is OK, although not sure he can really dribble and pass. Samuel is going to drop it unless it's high and soft.

I've probably watched more college basketball this year than I have in a long time, and what stands out to me is how important it is to have a point guard who really knows how to play, and isn't just a scorer. A guy that controls the tempo and runs the offense, sees things, knows how to set guys up, etc. They are hard to find I know.

Seen Tech about as much as TCU this year and they REALLY struggle with that too btw. The McClung kid overdribbles and is looking to score all the time and nobody else on that team really has a PG mentality, so they constantly get caught in awkward positions on the floor and put up shots out of rhythm.

PO Frog

you can't practice skills such as ball handling and shooting unless the entire team is together for practice and all the covid interruptions has kept that from happening on a regular basis

who ever heard of players developing ball handling and shooting by themselves or in small groups?
Wonder if pistol Pete ever worked on ball handling by himself

Farmfrog

We need a true PG if we are ever going to be really good again. We might be better off if we make a change at the top but that won’t be happening this year so we need to find a guy that can play the point.